BZ Favorites List

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
Mark_IV
Private First Class
Private First Class

BZ Favorites List

Post by Mark_IV »

After reading viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16399, I too realize the server list is too crowded. A simple idea to help this is to have a BZ Favorites list.

Players can either browse through all the servers like now, or have the option to see only BZ Favorites. this is not to be confused with player favorites. BZ Favorites would be maps voted on by players, or other methods of choosing.

The BZ Favorites would be no where near the 29 pages of servers it is now, and would have more players concentrated in fewer maps, making fun for those who like large groups of people. If some do not like the large groups, they can simply change their method of browsing to all, and join a less populated server.
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: BZ Favorites List

Post by SkillDude »

There is currently (Version 2.0.16) a BZFlag version that incorporates this list. Maybe you never noticed it, but when you press "Find Server", you will find words on the way bottom separate from the servers: "Press +/- add/remove favorites f - toggle view".

So, if you press + (Might have to hold the shift key while pressing the +/= key if you don't have a numpad) the server domain will turn orange, and if you press f, you will see all your orange servers. Pressing it again returns to normal view.

[EDIT]: Ignore me, my bad for not reading.
Last edited by SkillDude on Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

He said he wasn't talking about that. He is talking about a list of "favorite" servers that would show up for everyone based on community voting.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

JUR
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by JUR »

But in that way new maps dont have a chance to become popular right? Because on the first and second page are the favorites.
While playing i ushually forget im in a tank;), awesome game.
http://www.gamebrew.com/game/madness-co ... eemer/play

joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

JUR wrote:But in that way new maps dont have a chance to become popular right? Because on the first and second page are the favorites.
Yes it would be more difficult to get a new map going.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
Cobra_Fast
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Cobra_Fast »

joevano wrote:
JUR wrote:But in that way new maps dont have a chance to become popular right? Because on the first and second page are the favorites.
Yes it would be more difficult to get a new map going.
Then maybe have new maps showing up sperately to the "resident" voted maps.