Death Box?

Questions and answers about the how and why of making maps.
Bountty_Hunter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Death Box?

Post by Bountty_Hunter »

Okay, I this may be in the forums already, so if it is...just direct it to me....

But how do you make a box or pyramid death?? So like when a tank touches the object, the tank will die. Along with that....how do you make it so you can have a message when you die. For instance: when you die, the server message will say in white: OPPS, YOU DIED!

Thanks!
I'm no louman...but I do enjoy making maps and trying new things. If you got a good map idea, I can create it! :) Also, since I am always coming out with maps...I do need a hoster. I don't have money so if you can host my maps for free, please private message me!
blast
General
General

Re: Death Box?

Post by blast »

You create a physics driver and use the 'death' attribute, and then you assign that physics driver to your object. Check the BZW manual. On Windows, the manual will be in the start menu. On Linux you can use 'man bzw'. Or you can look here: http://my.bzflag.org/bzfman.cgi?bzw.5.in
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Bountty_Hunter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bountty_Hunter »

Well could you give me an example. Like if I wanted to make the pyramid 'death' and the pyramid is located at: 0, 0, 0 (xyz) and is size 10, 10, 10 (xyz) How would I code it?
I'm no louman...but I do enjoy making maps and trying new things. If you got a good map idea, I can create it! :) Also, since I am always coming out with maps...I do need a hoster. I don't have money so if you can host my maps for free, please private message me!
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Maybe this, but I haven't tested it at all.

Code: Select all

physics
  name dienow
  death You die now
end

pyramid
  position 0 0 0
  size 10 10 10
  phydrv dienow
end
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)