Magnet flag(s)

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
adameros
Private First Class
Private First Class

Magnet flag(s)

Post by adameros »

I know suggests that would cause shots to bend have been killed before, but what the hell...

I think it would be interesting to have magnetic flags. There are a few ways I see this playing out.

1) One flag, and it is randomly (set when you pick up the flag) has a north or south polarity. Depending on the polarity, it will push shots away from you or pull them to you. The directional shift would be minor, so it might help or hinder long range shots fired at you, but the change would be too minor to affect close range shots.
2) Two flags, a north flag and a south flag (cue the Civil War jokes), again one pulls in, the other repels shots.
3) It causes tanks with the flag to push or pull against each other. If the strength is turned up high, tanks could become bound together or repel each other. The repelling could make a fun "bumper cars" game where you can push opponents into lava or the like.
blast
General
General

Re: Magnet flag(s)

Post by blast »

Never.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Magnet flag(s)

Post by JeffM »

1) this would not be fun
2) this would not be possible with out major changes to how bzflag works over the network.
ImageJeffM