Spawn-killing

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )
SkinMechanix
Private
Private

Spawn-killing

Post by SkinMechanix »

Right now, I am flaming angry with this game. I've deleted off my machine and don't intend to go back any time soon.

Every time I've tried to join the Castle Warfare game today I've been spawn killed. Tonight, the red team had ten players, we had four. Red team camped on our tower and killed anyone who spawned.

Where is the fun in this? Where is the fair play? Where are the admins?

It stinks. It really does.

I joined BZ Flag to get away from the excessive and open cheating going on in Quake Arena. This game is just as bad, just in another way.

Time to go.
mrapple
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Spawn-killing

Post by mrapple »

SkinMechanix:

Sadly enough, you found one of the servers that is a spawn-killing frenzy. If you go onto "more fun" maps (in my opinion) you can actually do some stuff without getting killed.

Trust me when I say I've played on castle warfare and the best thing to usually do is leave ;)

After you start to get the "feel" for the game, you can join some leagues. Some major ones to check out are http://guleague.org and http://league.bzflag.net/

Hope you decide to keep playing! The BZ community is a great place. And trust me, you will always be addicted :)
Knox
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Knox »

SkinMechanix wrote:Tonight, the red team had ten players, we had four. Red team camped on our tower and killed anyone who spawned.
This is the typical Spawnkill situation, cased by newbies and dumb kids who are making fun of the minority. I already said this and i gonna say it again. This is a shooting game, and surprise surprise. It attracts little, hyperactive kids that have lots to learn of fairness and such things.
All you can do is getting an admin or a cop. You gotta stay above that childish behaviour. If you leave or stay is your decision.
netochka nezvanova
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by netochka nezvanova »

in castle warfare spawn killing is accepted , its sometime irritating but normal, get used to it or go to other map .
i've played it a lot and got scores above 101 , its a very fun map ..
hutty
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by hutty »

Castle War fare is the place to be... if you wnat to die

Try Missile wars of planet mofo

both are high quality maps and provide multiple ways to play.

if you don't like those, try something else there are OVER 50 maps out there waiting to be discovered

as for spawnkilling, there will always be jerks, (even I find myself spawnkilling now and then... )
For all of you who have asked what a hutty is, there is one as my avatar.

instant map... just add water
mrapple
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by mrapple »

huttymuncher wrote:if you don't like those, try something else there are OVER 50 maps out there waiting to be discovered
Uhm, how about more like over 200? Most maps on the list server people never even get played on.

Scroll down: choose a map.

If you like it, great. Wait for some people to join and maybe you'll have a good time.

If you don't, choose another.

There are always new maps waiting to be discovered ;)
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

Some maps are designed to help limit it, like MissleWars, but it's pretty hard to eliminate it completely.
When teams are that uneven, the really only thing you can do to help is ask for people to switch and wait.
dereliction of duty
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dereliction of duty »

mrapple wrote:
huttymuncher wrote:if you don't like those, try something else there are OVER 50 maps out there waiting to be discovered
Uhm, how about more like over 200? Most maps on the list server people never even get played on.
perhaps there are over 50 *maps*(is that all?), and there are over 200 *servers* out there.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

ttfkad wrote:perhaps there are over 50 *maps*(is that all?), and there are over 200 *servers* out there.
There are more maps than there are running servers. Planet Mofo, for instance, runs a 1000 map mapchange server (http://bzstats.strayer.de/servers/stats ... 27&lang=en) and there are quite a few maps that are no longer online anywhere.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

888link
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by 888link »

is there a way to connect to those maps?
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

It's a map change server so you can use commands such as /mapchange /maplist /maprandom to view the list of maps available and to change the map and play on it.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague