Link to main page on top of forum

Improvements, Problems, or Questions on the Forum format or software go here ( not about the game )
Ragnarok
Private First Class
Private First Class

Link to main page on top of forum

Post by Ragnarok »

I find it annoying that the link at the top of the forums to get to the main page of the forums is always in the same spot. It's really annoying when you are at the bottom of a really long page and you have to scroll all the way up in order to leave the forums. If you could make it not connected to the forum so that it follows your scroll, it would be so much more convenient.
"Before all else, be armed." -Niccolo Machiavelli
"It is not titles that honor men, but men that honor titles." - N.M.
"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared." - N.M.
"He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not will be victorious." - Sun Tzu
"I am not afraid of an army of lions lead by a sheep, but I am afraid of an army of sheep lead by a lion." - Alexander the Great
"War does not determine who is right - only who is left." - Bertrand Russell
"To win a war, you don't die for your country, you make the other guy die for his country."
"The way to win a war is to make certain it never starts." - Omar Bradley
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Link to main page on top of forum

Post by SkillDude »

Get in the habit of using the <HOME> key, that is its intended purpose. Usually having a top follow downwards loses screen reading space, and most people hit the back button or just type in my.bzflag.org/bb again to return the home page.

It may be a convenience to you, but if you can utilize other conveniences already built in, such as the <HOME> key, then it will simplify your life on more than just this webpage too.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Ragnarok wrote:I find it annoying that the link at the top of the forums to get to the main page of the forums is always in the same spot. It's really annoying when you are at the bottom of a really long page and you have to scroll all the way up in order to leave the forums. If you could make it not connected to the forum so that it follows your scroll, it would be so much more convenient.
Talk to the phpBB3 guys. When they put it in their software it will be available on our site.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

You're trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist. You can either open stuff in a new tab, or you can hit the Home key like mentioned. Or there is also a "Board index" link at the very bottom of the page. And there is also a link at the bottom to return to the forum that the current thread was in (like here, there's a "Return to Forum Suggestions, Questions, and Issues").

So, yeah. There is no problem. Other then someone being lazy. ;)
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Ragnarok
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ragnarok »

Sorry, i just never use the home key, and i didn't even see the links at the bottom of the page. Thanks! :D
"Before all else, be armed." -Niccolo Machiavelli
"It is not titles that honor men, but men that honor titles." - N.M.
"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared." - N.M.
"He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not will be victorious." - Sun Tzu
"I am not afraid of an army of lions lead by a sheep, but I am afraid of an army of sheep lead by a lion." - Alexander the Great
"War does not determine who is right - only who is left." - Bertrand Russell
"To win a war, you don't die for your country, you make the other guy die for his country."
"The way to win a war is to make certain it never starts." - Omar Bradley
enrico123
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by enrico123 »

i hold PageUp it works and you dont have to press 2 keys
"See a need fill a need"-(Bigweld from the movie "Robots")
mrapple
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by mrapple »

I think what a lot of people don't realize is the handy move-me-to-the-top button at the bottom right of every post (Here's what I'm talking about -> http://cl.ly/aa9377dd97d298c20681)

Hope this helps a few of you ;)