NVIDIA

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
Mark_IV
Private First Class
Private First Class

NVIDIA

Post by Mark_IV »

When I try to open BZFlag, I get the message

NIVIDA OpenGl Driver

NIVIDA display driver files from a different (incompatible) versions of the driver have been detected.

NIVIDA OpenGL acceleration is disabled in order to maintain system stability.

To resolve this problem, update the NVIDIA display driver. The latest driver is available at http://www.nvidia.com

This didn't happen this morning, yesterday, the day before so on. Whats NVIDIA, and why do I need to update it, if this morning the same version worked fine. I can't open 2.0.16 or 2.0.14 (My only 2 versions)

Does anyone have an answer>?
Dr Robotnik
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: NVIDIA

Post by Dr Robotnik »

nVidia is the manufacturer of your video card. Updating the driver will bring more speed to your graphics in your PC.
ATi/AMD and nVidia are the major designers of video controllers. To get the new driver you will need to know the kind of nVidia video controller you have.
Admin and Support Supervisor for BZAddict. Need a BZFlag map hosted? Register today at bzaddict.net!
My Maps: Plaza (bzaddict.net 5198) Final Zone Collab (bzaddict.net 5199
Snooping as usual I see? Yes, yes you are.
enrico123
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by enrico123 »

Dr Robotnik wrote:ATi/AMD and nVidia are the major designers of video controllers. To get the new driver you will need to know the kind of nVidia video controller you have.
Dont Forget Radeon :D
"See a need fill a need"-(Bigweld from the movie "Robots")
dereliction of duty
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dereliction of duty »

radeon is an ATI (soon to be called just AMD) graphic chip.

Mark_IV, you may want to consider uninstalling your current nvidia driver, then upgrading.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Also, in case you did, never install the video drivers you find in Windows Update. They suck, and generally (or always?) do not accelerate OpenGL.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Mark_IV
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mark_IV »

Sorry, I was on a 3 day hike (Ughhhhhh so sore) I just open BZ without a problem. I don't know what, as I didn't update anything. I'm just confused, but happy that BZ works again.
Dr Robotnik
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Dr Robotnik »

You should update to the latest drivers for your video card. You will see better performance. If on Windows, right click on the desktop and open Display Properties. This will tell you somewhere the type of card. (Ah yes now I remember, the resolution setting) Then go to nvidia's website, and download the newest driver and install it.
Admin and Support Supervisor for BZAddict. Need a BZFlag map hosted? Register today at bzaddict.net!
My Maps: Plaza (bzaddict.net 5198) Final Zone Collab (bzaddict.net 5199
Snooping as usual I see? Yes, yes you are.