Tabbed message panel

BZFlag related only please...please attach large images
blast
General
General

Tabbed message panel

Post by blast »

I've been working on adding some stuff to BZFlag. Here is a screen shot of a tabbed message panel system. The first tab displays everything. Then there is one for chat only, one for server messages, and one for things like flag, join, and kill messages. Controlled via the F1 through F4 keys. This is being based off the 1.10.4 client.
Attachments
tabbed-message-panel.jpg
Tabbed message panel
(172.79 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Okay, when I get this done, I plan on releasing a patch. It will also be included in the next BZFlag XL I am working on.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Head
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Head »

That's sweet blast! I always have a hard time separating the chat from the rest of the stuff so I look forward to this feature.
Grumbler
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Grumbler »

nice blast, good idea........are you planning to put it into the bzflag cvs, or just carry it as a separate patch?...............ie will this be a standard feature for the future of bzflag, or just a one time thing.
.........you kids, get out of my tank...........
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Right now I'm doing some final testing. I have a patch made, but I want to make sure it works. After I'm satisfied, I'll post it on the patch page on the SourceForge site.

blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Okay, released a patch. :)

Edit: I have now compiled and released a Windows binary of this client under the Misc Clients section of my site. Enjoy!

blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Jweeks brought to my attention a bug that caused the client to crash when you went to the Help menu. Thanks to him, I found the bug and fixed it. The next thing to do it write a patch based on the latest CVS.

Fiberchunks
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fiberchunks »

nice work blast -- I hope this makes it into main, really helpful :)

Peace
Fiber
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. -- A. Einstein
Registered Linux User: 296546
Machines: 181776 181777 181778
Rebel Chikorita

Post by Rebel Chikorita »

gj blast :)

very kewl

(buh wil ther b a way to hide da tabs? an jus go by da F1-4 keys? i play wif screen opacity at da highest settin , bcuz i like to play wif a large radar view , buh keep da message box as small as possible so it duznt obscure my main view as much)
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Right now there isn't a way to turn it off, but I could surely add that. I'll probably put a toggle in the GUI Options menu.

Edit: I have a local copy that allows you to toggle the display of the tabs. It still allows you to switch tabs. I'll try to get that finished and released tomorrow.

Rebel Chikorita

Post by Rebel Chikorita »

yay blast :)

(an next time i c u playin.. i'll try not 2 shoot at cha ;)
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

Blast if you want to do an installer build for windows with this patch, I'll get it posted on the dragon.org beta builds page.

I'm allso going to make sure this patch gets added to the CVS code, even if I have to add it myself ( ick, command line stuff ). Tho if the old horses complain it may be an option.
Last edited by JeffM on Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageJeffM
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

I'll work on that after school today.

blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Okay, you can now choose whether or not to show the tabs, toggled via the GUI Options menu. The tabs still function even if not visible. I have a full installer uploaded, along with an updated patch. Both can be downloaded from my download page under Misc Clients, just as before. The SF patch will be updated shortly. I also updated and fixed the installer script to work with the latest version of NSIS, and put in a custom uninstaller icon.

Mozul
Private First Class
Private First Class

Non-colorized Text

Post by Mozul »

In your latest version, I downloaded the installer from your website, and the text is no longer colorized.

In regular 1.10.4, the names of the killer's and victims are colorized with their team color.
Chat text is blue, other stuff grey, etc.
In your tabbed client, everything is all one color in the all panel and the chat panels.

I'd be nice if the colorization was retained.

-Mozul.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Ah, thank you for catching that. I accidentally messed up the bzflag.cxx file. I'm uploading a new copy right now.

blast
General
General

Post by blast »

The patch and installer are updated now. If any of you find bugs, feel free to tell me. ;)

Mozul
Private First Class
Private First Class

Now not all Chats

Post by Mozul »

I downloaded the new version. It does have the colorization now, not all the chat messages show up in the chat tab. If I go to the ALL tab, there are some chat messages that aren't showing up in the Chat tab.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

What kind of chat messages? Messages to and from the server get placed under the server tab.