Flag Won't Spawn in Designated Area

Questions and answers about the how and why of making maps.
Camwow13
Private First Class
Private First Class

Flag Won't Spawn in Designated Area

Post by Camwow13 »

So I've been playing around with map making in BZEdit today and I threw together a simple little map to play with. It's not really done but I decided to try the zone feature to get a Genocide flag on top of a platform at a height of 150.

I read up on the wiki, added the text in a text editor, and tested it out.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but a flag shouldn't be spawning inside the large pyramid below the platform...

I reset the zone from flag to spawn to see if it was spawning in the wrong location, but it was dead on where I wanted it. I tried moving the spawn zone into different heights. I even tried taking code for spawn zones out of other maps and modifying them to mine. They all made the flag show up inside the pyramid. :?

About this point, I realized that I am still very new to this (it's my first day trying map making) and that I should ask for help. Couldn't find anything in the wiki. I'm pretty sure it's just some dumb thing I'm missing. So how do I make the Genocide flag pop up on the little platform at the top of the map?

Including map file for reference.
Attachments
SimpleCTF.bzw
About a half hours work in BZEdit with some text editor additions
(4.23 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Flag Won't Spawn in Designated Area

Post by SkillDude »

Did you make sure to include -fb in your bzfs options or in
options
-fb
end
in your map file? If not, flags will not be allowed to spawn on buildings regardless of zones, and I notice on the radar none of them were, so this may just be the case.
Camwow13
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Camwow13 »

Hmm... appears not! Enabled it and everything is working great. Knew I was missing something! Thanks!
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

good old -fb
thats probably the most answered question on the forum.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
Camwow13
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Camwow13 »

Should add something to zones wiki page about -fb
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

Good idea. Wiki edited.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.