Jumping

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
tofino
Private
Private

Jumping

Post by tofino »

Jumping is okay for kids starting out and that sort of thing, but how can I find a server that has no jumping, or better yet, how can I tell if a server allows it when I examine it in the server list? No offense, but jumping tanks is about as realistic to me as fish playing badminton.I want a more realistic, old-school, non-jumping, non beam-bouncing, etc experience. I don't know enough yet to start my own server, but I will.
Mark_IV
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Jumping

Post by Mark_IV »

Go to server list, right above the words Servers Found, if it says jumping, there's jumping if nothing there, no jumping Hope this helps
Bullet Catcher
Captain
Captain

Post by Bullet Catcher »

In the server list, servers with jumping enabled have a purple J in the left column (the J is gray on servers without jumping). A blue F means it has superflags, and a green R means that shots ricochet.
Mark_IV
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mark_IV »

Ahh, so thats what those mean, you helped me too Bullet :) Thanks
tofino
Private
Private

Post by tofino »

Thanks Guys! Very helpful.

So far, the greatest number of players that I've seen online - in total - is just under 100. You mean out of the tens or hundreds of thousands of downloads, the best we can do is 100 players around the globe? I must be missing something ...
Mark_IV
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mark_IV »

Nope you're right. Not many players at once. Try to spread BZ around if you can.
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

The game's player base has been in decline for several years now. A stagnating development rate, persistent issues with the game (unappealing and antique graphics features, for example), and a growth in the number of abusive, inconsiderate, and childish players are all contributing factors.
JUR
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by JUR »

Most people prefer the latest technology, and dont know about the fun of underrated games like bzflag
While playing i ushually forget im in a tank;), awesome game.
http://www.gamebrew.com/game/madness-co ... eemer/play

pastorT
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by pastorT »

JUR wrote:Most people prefer the latest technology, and dont know about the fun of underrated games like bzflag
That's true... in a day of gaming consoles and mobile devices, the bz interface seems too clunky and limited to some.
For me, it reminds of me of the classic games I played growing up with the additional benefit of an interactive community. And while the fanbase may be in decline, half the fun (for me, at least) is logging in and seeing players I know and enjoy talking to.