No Network Required in new versions

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
A_Thousand_Suns
Private First Class
Private First Class

No Network Required in new versions

Post by A_Thousand_Suns »

ive seen places and actually thought of this myself and no network option would be interesting. i was thinking of another button under neath of "Start Server" saying "Offline Mode". There would be bots with programmable difficulties. ive thought this through and overprotective parents (mine) will turn internet off at a certain time (mine) and so you could still play bz no matter were u are or what time it is or if ur parents cut internet (again, mine) Just somethin to think about. it would also be a good trainer too.
Bullet Catcher
Captain
Captain

Re: No Network Required in new versions

Post by Bullet Catcher »

After you start a server from the menu you can connect to it at localhost:5154, which should work even when the Internet is not available.

Playing against -solo bots is a good way to learn in private how to use all of the superflags, but the bots will teach you bad habits that will get you killed when you go up against human players.
Mark_IV
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mark_IV »

Agree perfectly with Bullet Catcher. The bots are extremely stupid, and once you go against other people, your new learned tactics will be useless.
An SQUERRILz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by An SQUERRILz »

Bullet Catcher wrote:After you start a server from the menu you can connect to it at localhost:5154, which should work even when the Internet is not available.
My client always checks for global first, which takes an annoying amount of time to fail. IIRC 2.0.16 usually does not manage to connect to localhost, whereas an old old 2.0 version fails quicker and manages to connect. (Windows blah blah)
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Remove your password and it won't check for global auth.

Also, there is the -nolist and -nomotd options you can pass. The -nolist option might store in the configuration file.. not sure.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)