New Server Command: Mass Kick (/mkick)

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
blast
General
General

New Server Command: Mass Kick (/mkick)

Post by blast »

I'm working on a new server command that will allow admins to kick multiply people off the server based on the criteria provided. Here's what I have so far:
/mkick robots
Kicks all robot players off the server
/mkick lag <threshold>
Kicks all players with lag over <threshold> ms
/mkick idle <threshold>
Kicks all players with idle time over <threshold> seconds
/mkick nr
Kicks all players that are not responding

It sends a message to the user explaining why they were kicked. For the lag and idle, it also tells them what the threshold was. When it's done, it reports to the admin how many players were kicked off. I'm also going to have it report the callsigns that were kicked off.

First, I'd like to know if there is any interest in having me develop this further. Second, what else I should add? I've thought about adding the ability to kick teamkillers. Finally, should the admin that called the command be excluded from being kicked if he/she falls under the criteria specified?
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Rebel Chikorita

Post by Rebel Chikorita »

good idea blast :)
SGI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SGI »

I'm working on a new server command that will allow admins to kick multiply people off the server based on the criteria provided. Here's what I have so far:
/mkick robots
nice idea
/mkick lag <threshold>
Kicks all players with lag over <threshold> ms
there is already in the conf. file the command -lagwarn
/mkick idle <threshold>
Kicks all players with idle time over <threshold> seconds
there is already in the conf. file the command -maxidle
/mkick nr
Kicks all players that are not responding
nice idea

If you are working in the server I can give to you an idea...call me
Fiberchunks
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fiberchunks »

I think that with the exceptions noted by SGI (unless it's a different read: better, implementation), that they're great ideas.

I would definitely _not_ kick the admin that did the kicking, perhaps they're there simply as an observer -- taking care of the admin duties? I dunno, just seems contrary to common-sense.

Peace
Fiber
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. -- A. Einstein
Registered Linux User: 296546
Machines: 181776 181777 181778
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Thx for the comments. :D

I'm aware of -lagwarn and -maxidle, but some people might want to do that kind of stuff manually. Or they simply might want to kick with a lower threshold then that of the config. As it stands right now, it's not possible to adjust the idle kick time without restarting the server, and the lag kick takes X amount of warnings before kicking.
Fiberchunks wrote:I would definitely _not_ kick the admin that did the kicking
Yeah, I agree, and I implemented that shortly after my first post.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

SGI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SGI »

Normaly kick lagwarn maxidle is a admin/cops command...no allowed to the players.
But if there is too many robots or [nr] will be great to kick them out in one "hit"
DTRemenak
General
General

Post by DTRemenak »

sgi: maybe we just need /poll mkick too :)
Fiberchunks
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fiberchunks »

a /poll flag reset would be nice as well (completely off topic, so shoot me ;) ).

The reason I state this, is that there is a 'bug' with the rufus.homelinux.org server -- 4 buildings (2 pairs of 2) that have these ridiculous cracks in them. Of course, some weenie figured out that you can pretty much make the flag unreachable by dropping the flag in this crack.

None of us have any idea who the admin of rufus is / are, and none of us were able to perform a flag reset. It effectively became an FFA server, which was boring.

That's it.
Peace
Fiber
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. -- A. Einstein
SGI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SGI »

Isnt not only a bug in that server...........sometimes the flag dissapear "how :)" bug...cheat.
And I think expeccially for CTF....
Yes that is a great ideas.
So far:
we have good ideas to post:
/poll flag reset
Reset a determined flag (like only green)
/mkick robots
/mkick nr
Kicks all players that are not responding .......
Good ideas
Who is going to post these ideas on SF??????
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

I'm working on making a "/poll flag reset" command now, but the code is looking pretty sloppy. Maybe I'll let one of the real devs work on that. :lol:

Also the /mkick will be released as a patch when it's done. I'll maybe release 2 patches: one with only robots and nr, and one with all 4 things.

SGI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SGI »

Blast wrote:
I'm working on making a "/poll flag reset" command now, but the code is looking pretty sloppy. Maybe I'll let one of the real devs work on that

-Can you work on a /poll flag reset "g" green ,"p" purple, "b" blue, "r" red.
I think they need to vote just for the missing/stuck/ flag , not for reset all flags.
If I'm capturing the blue flag and the green is stuck and you call a poll for reset the green
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Well, I feel that would make it unfair. It should be all or nothing. A team could vote their flag back just before it would be captured. Of course, that's assuming they have enough registered players on their team in order to win the poll.

A better fix would be to make the flags not be allowed in tight areas.

SGI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SGI »

The vote for that ...no I dont think so.....
CTF= 4 teams (3 tanks) =12
reset blue flag poll from a blue team ..ready to been captured.
beeeeeeeee error he cant call a poll for his flag.
the reset flag can be called from others colors (teams).
green ready to CTF blue flag ....red call a poll(green is beating the red team) for reset blue flag (1st blue cant to vote..his color) only red ,green and purple=9 tanks how they can reset the flag ???? they need a least 7 tanks to be fair to everyone.
A team cant reset his own flag.
Fiberchunks
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fiberchunks »

indeed -- the /poll flag reset command should only reset _all_ flags (including ones you've got on yer tank).

Makes it entirely fair for all involved.

Peace
Fiber
gjkg
Private
Private

Post by gjkg »

What if there is a camper on a server and all the other players poll for a flag reset? You agree with that?
gjkg
Fiberchunks
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fiberchunks »

unfortunately, every command can be abused -- if you have, say 5 of your buddies on a 12 player server, they all /register, and /identify, then essentially, they control the server.

imho, it's more for scrupulous players, when there is a condition that needs addressing, but there are no admins around (which happens alot on rufus.homeunix.org).

You all on secretplace are a lucky bunch, cause either you (gjkg), or some other admin is *usually* there (from what I've seen anyway.)

imho, it would be good, if say flags were stuck, that the players could reset, with of course, the caveat that some schmucks _will_ abuse it.

My .02 - throw in 20,000$, and you can get a car :)

Peace
Fiber
Grumbler
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Grumbler »

have to admit with the Conwright map the way it is now, flags are always getting stuck under the twin towers and a flag reset is necessary........would be nice if that could be a little more independant...............like how about a /flag reset_only_flags_not_on_tanks..................
.........you kids, get out of my tank...........
Mozul
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mozul »

That would be /flag reset unused The command already exists, just no way to vote for it.
Grumbler
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Grumbler »

nice. where was this documented?
.........you kids, get out of my tank...........
Mozul
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mozul »

I have it documented online in the Keys and Commands list on wikithat I made. Not sure if it is any of the docs. I found it by looking in commands.h and commands.cxx.