Top-50 Billboard Plus 1-on-1 scores.

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Top-50 Billboard Plus 1-on-1 scores.

Post by optic delusion »

We are developing a new plugin called PowerDist. It is an updated simpleStats plugin. I'm not going into that, I'm just telling players how to use the TOP-50 Billboard.
UPDATE: Coming soon... one versus one scores for registered players.

The plugin keeps track of all kills on the server, popping the data into an SQLite database. At midnight (eastern USA time), the top 50 player sessions are calculated by normalized score. Player sessions with less than 40 kills are thrown out. Then a series of images are created from the data, and they are displayed on a billboard.

To get the daily image updates, you will need to change one setting on your client. Just turn ON "Connection Updates" in your cache settings. I have a server hack that will force this setting onto clients, but it has a side effect, so I prefer not to use it.
Because the images are not hosted at a bzflag.org site, you will also need to follow the policeman's instructions, if you have not already done so.

Last edited by optic delusion on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Top-50 Billboard

Post by Bambino »

Is the scoreboard for top score ever or top score for the day? To me it looks like it changes daily.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Re: Top-50 Billboard

Post by optic delusion »

Right now it's daily, we only have two days of good data so far. In the future it may be weekly, monthly.. still working out the bugs. Things will change. One-on-One scores are on the way (for registered players).
Right now the important thing is to get out the word that the cache setting "connection updates" needs to be turned ON.
Stats for non-registered players are thrown out at the end of the day. That will not change. Non-registered players can make it onto the daily list, but that's as far as they will ever go.

We do not track kills by superflag. That would make the database quite difficult to deal with.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Re: Top-50 Billboard Plus 1-on-1 scores.

Post by optic delusion »

We now have One-on-One scoring for registered players!
Two commands will show you your scores.
/lol will show you your 1-on-1 scores against current players on the server.
/lolz will show you your 1-on-1 scores all-time. (since we started collecting data last week)

We could not use the number 1 as the first letter in a command, so it had to be the letter L.

optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Re: Top-50 Billboard Plus 1-on-1 scores.

Post by optic delusion »

The /lolz command is gone forevert caused packet loss.
The /lol command now includes opposing player's relative rank.
The full list is available here. Click on the question mark for more answers?
http://images.planet-mofo.com/donf/ranking.xhtml