Need some help

Improvements, Problems, or Questions on the Forum format or software go here ( not about the game )
Google
Private
Private

Need some help

Post by Google »

Hey there,

I just wanted to join in a server, but my callsign got a "-" and not a "+" as a registered player always get. I saw some other players joining with the same problem.
The server said only: "This callsign is registered" and not "ERROR: Did not get token: NOTOK: Invalid callsign or password" . -> I knew, that both were right, the callsign and the password, because a day before I joined with both wihout a problem.

But this was only the first problem: I joined in the server and wanted to play (with a "-"), and there was the "klick right mouse to start" (or something like this)-sign.
I klicked the right mouse button, but it didn't worked. I also wanted to talk to someone, but it didn't worked, too. All keys didn't work except the esc-key.

I know, the problem is abit weird,
but I hope you'll understand and help me to fix it.

Thank you,
Google
joevano
General
General

Re: Need some help

Post by joevano »

List server is slow, so the authentication fails... nothing you can do about it. It will be corrected by some changes on the server her. It is being looked at.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
Google
Private
Private

Post by Google »

Ok, thanks! -> The other problem: All keysettings were deleted and that's why nothing happened when i was pressing any key.
In cause of both problems came to the same time, I thought it would be a bigger problem. :D

Thank you for your time,
Google
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

The keys probably were still mapped properly. You just couldn't do anything because the server was hung up trying to talk to the list server (which was running slow) to see if you were registered or not.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Google
Private
Private

Post by Google »

No, the key mapping was deleted. I saw this in the settings. And it's not a problem of the hanging server, when I press f12 and nothing happens when I'm just in the menu of BZFlag.
I don't know how, but all were deleted.

But thank you again,
Google