flags on buildings without jump

Questions and answers about the how and why of making maps.
fox in the fog
Private First Class
Private First Class

flags on buildings without jump

Post by fox in the fog »

Well, I'm developing a new "no jumping 3 shots dodging skill" map. I had the idea to put some towers where there is a G flag... the tanks can't jump, so can go to the towers only using the teleporters. This my idea can't be used, because there are some G flags on the towers (that are buildings) and the tanks can't jump, so when I test the server and run it on bzfs it say me that flags on buildings are allowed only if there is jump allowed to... Well, how solve this? Have flags on buildings and tanks can't jump? Maybe an options? On the Wiki I didn't find anything interesting...
Another thing... over the base there is a meshpyr and when you join a team and staying over the base and you press space to drop the team flags, it go at the center of the map over a box... How solve this?
Jefenry
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: flags on buildings without jump

Post by Jefenry »

The best way I've found is to allow jumping, but add "-set _jumpVelocity 0" to the options.

As for the pyramids over the base, you can either experiment with lowering _flagHeight, or add a safety zone to the base.
fox in the fog
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by fox in the fog »

Ok, great trick to allow jumping and set the velocity of the jump at 0... Cool, that worked. Ok, for safety zone yuo mean I should make a zone like this one:

zone
position 0 0 0
size 10 10 1
rotation 45
safety 2
end

?
thank you all :)
fox in the fog
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by fox in the fog »

Ok, the safety zone worked fine :) the only bad things is that if you press TAB the server make the sound of a tank jumping... Thats a bit annoying but cool trick :D
Thank you
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

You could always modify your bzfs to allow -sb even if jumping is disabled.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

fox in the fog
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by fox in the fog »

Well, is this complicated? if is something not so annoying (I mean, difficult and long to do, need a lot of time) I'll tell Zaphod, and when I send him the map will do it on his server... but, I would like to know how set this.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

It would be modifying bzfs, so it depends if the host wants to do that since they'd have to have a special bzfs just for you. So... probably just go with -set _jumpVelocity 0 instead. ;)
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)