2.4 changes

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
ACEofSpace
Private First Class
Private First Class

2.4 changes

Post by ACEofSpace »

Not sure if this is the right forum section, but I didn't want to clutter up the Game/Version Releases section. I was just curious about the changes made to the parameters for the Wings flag in the 2.4 release. Was it changed because some thought the flag was too powerful, or for a different reason? I really enjoyed using that particular flag in the 2.0.4 version, but in the new release, it seems relatively useless. At least in comparison.
http://panicvolcanic.bandcamp.com

Our album just dropped. Download it for free this week.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: 2.4 changes

Post by JeffM »

It was changed to be more in tune with what jets on a tank would do. The server can change the acceleration that is added with each burst
ImageJeffM
ACEofSpace
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ACEofSpace »

Ahh. Thank you.
http://panicvolcanic.bandcamp.com

Our album just dropped. Download it for free this week.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

In a future version I am going to try and get the name of the flag changed to "Jump Jets" or JJ, I think it a better name for the effect we wanted.
ImageJeffM
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

Wings with multiple flaps was overpowered in 2.0.x (IMHO), making it very difficult to counter. Anything that diminishes its usefulness somewhat is probably a step in the right direction IMHO.
Yrogirg
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Yrogirg »

JeffM wrote:It was changed to be more in tune with what jets on a tank would do. The server can change the acceleration that is added with each burst
It would be more in tune with the supposed reality, if wingsJumpVelocity was added (instead of just set) not only when the tank goes down, but also when it goes up. That would lead tanks being able to speed up jumpers with wings or just to fly wingsJumpCount^2 higher.