Checkpoint 0.2

Expand and mod your server.
mrapple
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Checkpoint 0.2

Post by mrapple »

Checkpoint is a plugin written primarily by mrapple and McSpider which allows 'Checkpoints' in map files.

Unlike Phoenix and SpawnRecord, this is pre-defined. The mapmaker sets the places he/she wants users to have their positions saved.

In your map file simply specify the following object as many times as you want:

Code: Select all

checkpoint
  position x y z
  size x y z
  message "<message>"
end
Self explanatory, there's position, size, and message (optional).

In game you can also use the following commands:
/spawnreset resets your positions
/spawnreset <name> resets a users position
/spawnresetall resets all positions

For /spawnreset <name> and /spawnresetall you must have the CHECKPOINT permission.

Source is attached, please leave any comments or suggestions you may have.

License: GNU LGPL 2.1
Attachments
Checkpoint.zip
Version 0.2
(5.95 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
Last edited by mrapple on Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Checkpoint 0.1

Post by SkillDude »

Definitely will help those users that want to make their own custom save points on maps. They won't have to mod Phoenix or SpawnRecord anymore. Very flexible and usable, nice job!

Two questions, this will save your position everytime you enter it? So if I left and came back, I could re-save there. Is it possible you could make an argument for number of times? Perhaps maxsave for zones or something. EDIT: Now that I think about it, this would be more difficult than it seems since when you respawn from death at these spots, you are technically re-entering it, so therefore adding to maxsave count, so you'd have to take that into account to not maxsave. Probably too complicated to do, nevermind. :roll: How about at least an argument for if it's re-enterable. Such as resave, at least then you can choose to save over and over or not at all.

And my second question, do these reset upon flag captures like Phoenix or SpawnRecord do? (Although making this configurable would be nice also) This could also tie in to resetting maxsaves then.
mrapple
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Checkpoint 0.1

Post by mrapple »

Yes that does sound way to complicated but I will consider resave for future releases.

Also yes it is set to reset on cap, but that could be an option that would be loaded from the command line.

I'll consider the changes and most likely add them to 0.2, however I think for this plugin simpler is better.
mrapple
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Checkpoint 0.11

Post by mrapple »

Alright, its been one day since 0.1 and 0.2 is already out...

I updated the original file with Checkpoint 0.2.

It has much nicer and tidied up code with a few new features:

/spawnreset allows you to reset your own spawn position or others if you have the CHECKPOINT permission.

/spawnresetall allows you to reset everyone's spawn position if you have the CHECKPOINT permission.

Thanks again goes out to McSpider for all his help, testing, and ideas that make this a better plugin.

Enjoy, feedback is appreciated.
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Re: Checkpoint 0.2

Post by allejo »

Hmmm what does the "Message" option do? Does it send a message to the player when they are in the area? And the checkpoint object. is it a special box or is it just a specified area where you can save and you add a box so you can stand on it. Basically does the checkpoint object add a box to the map or not?
mrapple
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by mrapple »

The message option sends a message to the player when they enter the area.

As for the object it self, its just like a zone. It doesn't add a physical object to the map, but it's a specified area.

Hope that helps :)
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

Updated to 2.4 (Let me know if I broke something...)

I've forked this plug-in on GitHub for some changes I'll be making to it, https://github.com/allejo/Checkpoint-legacy

Edit 2020-06-22: I have created my own version of this plugin with more features, viewtopic.php?f=79&t=20420
Attachments
Checkpoint.cpp
BZFlag 2.4
(11.92 KiB) Downloaded 280 times