BZFlag clubs

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
Geekydude4
Private
Private

BZFlag clubs

Post by Geekydude4 »

This is a new idea I came up with don't kill me for it. After the death of one beloved tanks Surftank :rip: someone said, "This reminds us how there are real people behind these tanks.". So I was thinking about that and I came up with an idea. :idea: Every one has a friend on BZFlag,(or so I hope)and if there are real people, Why not create BZFlag Clubs. The idea being if you live in let's say Philly,PA,USA everyone in that club can come to my house every Sunday at 7:00 PM EST. You bring your laptop and latest version of BZFlag and we can talk,play,eat, and just have a good time.

There then would be a chance of making a league of clubs. Where the club in Philly could match the club from New York on a club server.

I am just throughing this out there. Pleas leave comments!
Mark_IV
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: BZFlag clubs

Post by Mark_IV »

Please, don't meet people on the internet you don't know. That's never a good idea. If you want to get to know them, the farthest I would go is Skype/Video Chat.
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

Mark_IV wrote:Please, don't meet people on the internet you don't know. That's never a good idea. If you want to get to know them, the farthest I would go is Skype/Video Chat.
If you've known someone for a long time online and know them well, then that can be an exception. But I agree with Mark, it's not a good idea.
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

I have a big bowl of candy in my basement with lots of high speed ethernet cables if anyone is interested.

I'm joking. Don't meet people over the Internet unless you have had a long online "relationship" with the person, like allejo said.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

Bambino wrote:I have a big bowl of candy in my basement with lots of high speed ethernet cables if anyone is interested.
Oh oh oh!! Do you have a black mini van so we can go pick up more candy and soda if we run out?
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

Yes, I might not have room due to all the lost puppies and free bikes in the back.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
mahem1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mahem1 »

Ok so we are all meeting over at geekydude4's house on Sunday.
Anyone have directions?

Spy from another club
Lag makes me miss all of the good stuff.
And random bans..........