Can't compile Microsoft C++ 2010 Express Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
mr64bit
Private First Class
Private First Class

Can't compile Microsoft C++ 2010 Express Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Post by mr64bit »

Okay, I am new to C++ programming, and would like to learn, and I thought playing around with BZFlag might help. I would like to use Ubuntu or some other Linux OS, but I don't have the HD space to install that. So, I'm using Microsoft Visual C++ Express 2010. I have all the source code loaded into a project, and all the dependencies for both 2.0.x and 2.99.x in the Include, Reference, and Library directories as directed by the Wiki Compile page, but when I go to build, I get all of this:
http://pastebin.com/dXBKzuae (wouldn't let me paste all of it here)
Is there some kind of conflict because I have DirectX SDK 2007 and 2010? Any help would be appreciated, and if I'm not being clear/you need more information, just ask. Thanks!
---mr64bit
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Can't compile Microsoft C++ 2010 Express Windows 7 Pro 6

Post by JeffM »

The project is intended to be built by Visual C++ 2008 not 2010, I have not upgraded the codebase nor the projects to support the newer compiler. It should build fine in express 2008
ImageJeffM
mr64bit
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mr64bit »

Okay, running 2008 Express now, but I am still having trouble with the includes and libraries. Exactly what do I need to load? Will the compiler look in sub-folders too? For example, I have extracted the glew libraries from the .zip to a folder. Do I need to point each individual folder, or can I just point to "glew"? Pretty much all the errors I get are it saying "1>c:\users\hp\downloads\bzflag stuff\bzflag-2.4.0_windows\include\common.h(25) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'config.h': No such file or directory". But I can find the file under "BZFlag\MSVC\build" I would think that any files in the same directory would be automatically included.
---mr64bit
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

You should probably use the code from SVN, all the dependencies are spelled out in that readme. Some older source packaged were missing some windows files.

If you are trying to build the client, just open the bzflag.sln file and hit build, there is nothing more to it then that.
ImageJeffM
Panzerknacker
Private
Private

Post by Panzerknacker »

Hi there,

use the import functionin 2010 !

i wrote a program with vb6 than import with 2008 than with 2010 :)

not possible with expresss !!

Best regards from germany

Panzerknacker