New map gonna be out,need hoster

User made maps to use on servers.
Tank Terminator
Private First Class
Private First Class

New map gonna be out,need hoster

Post by Tank Terminator »

My new map is in progress, and i am needing a new hoster.
Anyone who is willing to host my map, pm me, and ill send you the map as soon as it is finished.
Thank You.
Last edited by Tank Terminator on Sun May 27, 2012 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tank Terminator, BZFlag Player
joevano
General
General

Re: New map gonna be out,need hoster

Post by joevano »

Pretty demanding.... especially before the map is built. It usually doesn't work that way, but good luck!

You do realize that the maps that you see on the top of the list, over and over cost the owners real money to host in dedicated datacenters? Right? So in other words, you want someone to GIVE you space on their server, giving you all control over the reputation of their server name (I am assuming that you have not purchased a domain name). How many servers have you successfully run before?

Hmm... that's what I thought.

My advice is make your map. Release it, and if someone likes it they will host it (on their terms, and you probably won't even be a cop on it). You produce a couple of well designed, semi-good maps, and you will gain some notice among those who host maps for others. At some point in time they may GIVE you the privilege of being an admin on THEIR server (but only if you are nice and behave properly). That is generally about the best a map maker can do without kicking in real hard cash every month for a dedicated host themselves.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SkillDude »

Sure, I'll let you be owner, just give me $60.00 a month and we'll call it a deal...

On a more serious note, what joevano said is correct. From the way you are presenting yourself, to the attitude you have shown to us in game and on the forums the chances of your request occurring is maybe -10% if you're lucky. Interpret that as you will, but without even a map, and the rather brute force demand, no one is going to want to host for you. Just starting this topic up has probably reduced your chances of getting any of your maps hosted in the future. Can I also mention that you posted this in the Map Releases forum which is meant for....uh....Map Releases?

Have fun.
Tank Terminator
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tank Terminator »

Both of you, Please, if you are not willing to host my map, do not post. I am not here, for you to lecture me.
(Please, do not take my words, as being rude.)
sigonasr2 said:
Can I also mention that you posted this in the Map Releases forum which is meant for....uh....Map Releases?
There, you have a point, i am sorry for posting this in the wrong forum.
Tank Terminator, BZFlag Player
mr64bit
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mr64bit »

You "only" want to be an owner. Owner typically means owner of the machine the server is running on. (or one who has administrative rights to the machine) If you can get someone to host your map, I doubt they would give you owner permissions. Personally, I would be more likely to give the title of 'co-owner' to some I know and trust, either in the real world, or the BZFlag community; than someone I am hosting a map for.
if you are not willing to host my map, do not post. I am not here, for you to lecture me.
Why can't they post here, this is a forum after all, and they are keeping in-topic.
(Please, do not take my words, as being rude.)
Who's being rude? The one who demands a 24/7 server with owner permissions?
This is not a good way to make friends. Try politely asking, not demanding for help.
---mr64bit
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

We do not allow posting of maps in these forums that have usage restrictions. Maps posted here must be licensed to allow anyone to use them with out restrictions.

Asking for any specific user permissions on servers that host your map is against this policy. If you wish to have full control over how your map is run, then you should host it yourself. Otherwise release the map under an open license and let people use it.

These forums are also not here for people to beg for hosting. That is for private discussion with server owners.
ImageJeffM
Iskskskks
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Iskskskks »

Just go on Bzaddict.net!
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

Sorry, BZAddict does not host maps with restrictive licenses nor does BZAddict help players with such a bad record.