Custom auto-hunting options

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Custom auto-hunting options

Post by dartman »

I think it would be awesome if, assuming BZFlag ever gets another release (fat chance, I know), it would be great to have customizable automatic hunting options if they aren't already in the game somehow. It's a pain to constantly have to adjust my hunt list in the heat of battle just because someone signed off or joined the game. It would be far better if there were also a way to set the client to automatically hunt within certain parameters--say, if the current map I'm playing on is dark, I should be able to set it so that it automatically hunts everyone on the blue team, just so they can be more visible on the radar, and it will always hunt everyone on the blue team as long as I have that setting turned on, no matter who joins or leaves. Or maybe I could set it to whoever is holding certain flags, like team flags (or geno on Apocalypse) or the more powerful white-lettered flags, or maybe whoever has a certain position on the scoreboard. I think that would make things far more convenient, and it wouldn't make the game unfair either because it would be a feature everyone would have, and it only involves giving players an increased awareness of certain opponents, which they can already do, just in a more cumbersome manner. It might also be nice if there were a way to save those custom hunting preferences to the client somehow, like the other settings in the main menu.
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Custom auto-hunting options

Post by dartman »

...Thoughts, anyone?
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

The 2.99.x code has autohunt.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

So in other words, assuming a new version of BZFlag is ever released, there's already a good chance that it would be included?
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Sure, it's a possibility.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)