COLORS OF THE APOCALYPSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
Prego - Go please
Private
Private

COLORS OF THE APOCALYPSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Prego - Go please »

Yo you guys!!

So obviously, the colors on Mofo apocalypse is currently red and blue, while it used to be red and green. I personally don't like the presence of blue, I find a blue shot on the radar is super hard to see when the background is grass. So I always thought that blue was officially the hard color to see, but apparently some people think green is harder to see on grass. In fact, I hear the Mofo team is currently in a dilemma as to which colors to use because each combination has its own dissatisfied demographic.

I have always heard people saying blue sucks and every other color is fine, so I was surprised to hear green had its haters too. But so let the truth come out what do u guys think??? which color should we wear for the apocalypse???? btw this thread will could very well influence the Mofo teams decision on the color scheme so go ahead and reply.

Oh btw what I vote for is green and purple
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Re: COLORS OF THE APOCALYPSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by L4m3r »

I have mild red/green colorblindness, so often I find that red shots are the hardest to see against the grass. :doh:

Open your config and add these lines:

Code: Select all

set bluecolor "0.5 0.5 1"
set blueradar "0.5 0.5 1"
...That might fix your problem.

Similar fixes for other colors, if needed/preferred by any players (I use them all for consistency):

Code: Select all

set greencolor "0.5 1 0.5"
set greenradar "0.5 1 0.5"

set redcolor "1 0.5 0.5"
set redradar "1 0.5 0.5"

set purplecolor "1 0.5 1"
set purpleradar "1 0.5 1"
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SkillDude »

Nice fix L4m3r. Surprised I never saw this before. Thanks for pointing it out!
Iskskskks
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Iskskskks »

I personally have no reason not to like blue. I have my radar set to white bullets. But, the tanks are blue and red so, I can tell who shot that bullet. It is very helpful, at the same Time confusing because I sometimes dodge bullets that were shot by my own teammate.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

a bullet gone crazy wrote:I personally have no reason not to like blue. I have my radar set to white bullets. But, the tanks are blue and red so, I can tell who shot that bullet. It is very helpful, at the same Time confusing because I sometimes dodge bullets that were shot by my own teammate.
Their issue is not "liking blue" it is seeing blue. It can be hard for some people to distinguish between colors that others see just fine. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_blindness
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
Iskskskks
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Iskskskks »

joevano wrote:
a bullet gone crazy wrote:I personally have no reason not to like blue. I have my radar set to white bullets. But, the tanks are blue and red so, I can tell who shot that bullet. It is very helpful, at the same Time confusing because I sometimes dodge bullets that were shot by my own teammate.
Their issue is not "liking blue" it is seeing blue. It can be hard for some people to distinguish between colors that others see just fine. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_blindness
Ahh ok I misread his post :lol-old:
Tanx
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tanx »

blue shots on the radar are also easier to see, imo, with a radar that is clear. if you only have textures on, without any other graphics on. also enlarging the shotsize helps, as well as leading linedradarshots.

I don't remember people complaining this much when passion's teams for 2 team ctf were blue and red. blue and red feel more attracting as colors, green and red makes me think of pillbox, and red and purple makes me think of hix. Blue and red reminds me of passion. The other factor is this, people don't want to be red due to the fact they feel its harder to see, since they feel its harder to see, they will just look for an excuse to say "blue is sooo hard to see!" because of that they'll pick blue instead. Also they may be more hesitant fight blue because they feel they can't see them. Then they associate this with not being able to see blue, blowing it further and further out of proportions. But when the good players choose red and ignore this, they do perfectly fine. the blue factor is really hardly anything, I think its mostly psychological.
known as: Tanx, Eoncho, ckw.
Bzflag player since 2001.
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

What happened is our contract with the green team ran out, and we chose not to renew, and opted to sign with the blue team instead. Its all an effort to save money...

Every player has a different opinion on this. I think red versus green has been done over and over and over again. Then some don't like blue. Other players like red vs blue just fine. Red vs purple is hard to tell apart, to me. No matter what we do, one group of players is going to feel alienated. Too bad it can't be as simple as "shirts vs skins"
...This has been a recording.