New Flag Idea

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
A-Mill
Private First Class
Private First Class

New Flag Idea

Post by A-Mill »

A flag that puts a straight line from your tanks view on the radar. Maybe it stops or moves according to the angle of a richotet. "Precision Radar"?
Iskskskks
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: New Flag Idea

Post by Iskskskks »

That's a bit like laser.
A-Mill
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A-Mill »

I'm no talking about a laser I mean a constant line on ur radar but you shoot regular bullets at whatever speed the server is. More of an accuracy aid
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

That has been rejected several times, it's called a cheat. The point of the rico is to use skill to know where it is going to go, like in billiards.
ImageJeffM
A-Mill
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A-Mill »

It wouldn't be a cheat it would be a FLAG. Stealth would be called a cheat too but it's not it's a FLAG.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

A-Mill wrote:It wouldn't be a cheat it would be a FLAG. Stealth would be called a cheat too but it's not it's a FLAG.
Stealth requires skill to use effectively, your flag would be a crutch.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
Tanx
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tanx »

actually flags started off of bz being hacked, so you could say all of them are. But as Joevano says, it would hurt the beginner, they would instead rely on this flag instead of trying to learn ricos. We all were there at sometime. Basically they're saying it would hurt the game, reasons why many flags were rejected. just remember that the angle it hits the wall from 90 degrees will be the same angle it will come off of. Try and visualize the path it will take after it ricos off of a boxwall. I know I would rather not see this as a flag. It takes away from the fun, which is learning ricos. TH and L are great ways to see ricos though.
known as: Tanx, Eoncho, ckw.
Bzflag player since 2001.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

No, flags were in the game by design from the start, way before the game was open source. The idea is that flags require skill to use, they do not replace skill.
ImageJeffM
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

I'm not sure how useful such a flag would be anyway, since the tanks move and all... you'd still need to make some judgments about where/when to shoot.
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.