Rabbit Season 2012 :: The Passion of the Rabbit Hunt

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Rabbit Season 2012 :: The Passion of the Rabbit Hunt

Post by I_Died_Once »

The cracked staff at Planet MoFo is proud to announce Rabbit Season 2012 :: The Passion of the Rabbit Hunt

This year, it's personal!

We're doing it again! Its summer time, and you know what that mean - its time for the 8th Annual Passion of the Rabbit Hunt! We're going to defile BZFlag's "Rabbit Hunt" mode like never before!While everyone else is nappin', the Planet MoFo crew is up during the ungodly hours of the night working away on the latest innovations and bleeding edge features to push the limits way beyond anything others have ever envisioned before! We're going to turn the Rabbit Hunt upside down and shake it for loose change! I'm talking about the return of the shockwave-death, special scoring, even more new flags, and in full Planet MoFo fashion, we're going to desecrate the Genocide flag ALL... OVER... AGAIN! - not to mention our other goodies we keep on deck! Nothing is off limits! Not even the map!(Rabbit Hunt Apocalypse, anyone?) - Its going to be a crazy month, as this year we're running from it tomorrow, Friday the 13th to August 12... Rabbit Season 2012!

Better get in on it this time, the ancient Mayans said this may be our last chance! That is, if the rabbit doesn't get you FIRST! Follow only if ye be men of valor, for the entrance to this cave is guarded by a creature so foul, so cruel that no man yet has fought with it and lived! Bones of full fifty men lie strewn about its lair. So, brave knights, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth!

We'll post more details as time progresses! Strap on your seat belts and put on your helmets! This year, its a new breed of bunny you'll be dealing with!
...This has been a recording.
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Re: Rabbit Season 2012 :: The Passion of the Rabbit Hunt

Post by I_Died_Once »

As per tradition, here is some of the artwork and promotional material we have on our billboards for this years EPIC event!

I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

We opted for the first like-image. Here's a rejected image:

I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

The time is upon us! Some of the changes are radical, some are subtle, few have been done before. The whole idea is to bring better balance to the near forgotten game mode, and all the changes we're making should better the flow of the game by increasing the wins and decreasing the losses, with a couple of twists. I would like to hear back from the cummunity on what everyone thinks, and see you all come get a piece of the action.

Here is a list of some of the things you can expect to see at the 8th Annual Passion of the Rabbit Hunt :: Rabbit Season 2012

New Flag: Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog Flag! The most dangerous flag for the rabbit to hold! Shooting one hunter will kill them all! We're starting off with 3 of these in play, this will be reduced as the hunt progresses on.

-noTeamKills

The Rabbit does not lose points for dying. No losing points for shooting and becoming the rabbit, this should help when there is a fast rabbit turnover. This changes the strategy of everything significantly.

As promised, the scoring has been changed in a major way. Score events are "queued" and have a finite history. We are using 50 events. After 50 wins/losses, old events are pushed out of your score history. This helps level the playing field against newcomers, and is more sensible with the normalized score. If you kick enough butt while you're the rabbit, you can get all your losses forgotten. Remember the Rabbit Hunt goes by %'s and not by the normal scoring methods.

All kills made by the Rabbit will trigger a ShockwaveDeath where that player died. Anyone killed by this shockwave will trigger yet another shockwave, resulting in a potential chain reaction. All kills from the ShockwaveDeath are credited towards the rabbit! This make all of the rabbit's shots LOADED!
Iskskskks
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Iskskskks »

Looking good I_Died_once!
Sniper752
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sniper752 »

For once, Planet Mofo pleased me! This is by far the best rabbit hunt I've been on!
[center]::|:|::|Sniper752|::|:|::
Map Maker
Avid Airsofter
Owner: Hosting.BZAddict.net ports 5242 and 5243
Admin: bzsupreme.webarts.bc.ca[/center]
Capitain Price
Private
Private

Post by Capitain Price »

All that wants to play that map is waiting for it and those who wait cant wait any more :)
FiringSquad
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by FiringSquad »

Reminds me of the rabbit in Primal. (Useless movie btw. Not recommended)
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

Fear not, for Planet MoFo **will** be running our critically acclaimed Rabbit Hunt sometime late spring to mid summer, as dates have not been set quite yet.

Just like last year, we plan on unleashing the beast and throwing down Rabbit Hunt with a ferocity like no one else can. Its going to be awesome.

If anyone wants to donate some time and come up with some relative artwork to help promote this massive event, inbox me.