Anyone know how to get in touch with ducatiwannabe?

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
chickenfarmer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Anyone know how to get in touch with ducatiwannabe?

Post by chickenfarmer »

I've pm'ed him, but gotten no reply. If anyone has an e-mail, you can PM me if you have permission to share it. Or you can let him know I'm trying to reach him.

Thanks.
Jacko H
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Anyone know how to get in touch with ducatiwannabe?

Post by Jacko H »

Trying to get old missle war up, choock? :)
Jacko Productions:
World War III, Kill Or Die, Nazarath, Warlock Adrenaline, Rabbit Season, Firing Range (Just Be Simple), Death Island.
Iskskskks
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Iskskskks »

Jacko H wrote:Trying to get old missle war up, choock? :)
Maybe if so PM blast.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

a bullet gone crazy wrote:
Maybe if so PM blast.
He already did, and I have no interest at this time. ;)
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Jacko H
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Jacko H »

blast wrote:
a bullet gone crazy wrote:
Maybe if so PM blast.
He already did, and I have no interest at this time. ;)
I've already seen this on forums, they why you need to contact dw for spawn zones, ect.
Jacko Productions:
World War III, Kill Or Die, Nazarath, Warlock Adrenaline, Rabbit Season, Firing Range (Just Be Simple), Death Island.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Jacko H wrote:I've already seen this on forums, they why you need to contact dw for spawn zones, ect.
I don't think the two or four team Missile War maps by ducatiwannabe were ever released publicly on the forum.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

No, it was not.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
mr64bit
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mr64bit »

Shame, I really liked MW 2.3, but It seemed to loose players shortly after 2.4.0 came out. Perhaps Zigarat with it's no TKs had something to do with it...
---mr64bit
Iskskskks
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Iskskskks »

mr64bit wrote:Shame, I really liked MW 2.3, but It seemed to loose players shortly after 2.4.0 came out. Perhaps Zigarat with it's no TKs had something to do with it...
I think it was all the spawnkilling spots that made it so popular. Now the Same with Apocalypse ^^
mr64bit
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mr64bit »

Yeah, just somewhere for newbs to go and die... Oh well, getting back on topic.
I saw him playing on Castle Warefare last spring, and http://forums.bzflag.org/memberlist.php ... file&u=803 shows his last visit to the forums on last Friday, so he's alive. :wink: As far as contacting him, has anyone tried MSNM/YIM/AIMing him? I don't have accounts for any of those, so I haven't tried it.
EDIT: His email is listed here: http://www.garrettsites.net/bzmaps/inde ... rinfo&id=5 as "bzflag.email@gmail.com" Don't know if that's still active, but I suppose it's worth a try.
---mr64bit
Iskskskks
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Iskskskks »

Just Sign Up for GU he is most active on that league.
Jacko H
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Jacko H »

I think DW would gladly give you his maps to host.
A bullet gone crazy, are any of your comments relevant to anything?
Jacko Productions:
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

You can not assume that he would grant any permissions unless he posted them somewhere in a license.
ImageJeffM
Jacko H
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Jacko H »

JeffM wrote:You can not assume that he would grant any permissions unless he posted them somewhere in a license.
I was stating that if you asked him, I would GUESS he would grant you permission.
Jacko Productions:
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Jacko H wrote:
JeffM wrote:You can not assume that he would grant any permissions unless he posted them somewhere in a license.
I was stating that if you asked him, I would GUESS he would grant you permission.
I would guess not... he is pretty protective of those maps. Many have asked him in the past.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
Pizzahead
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Pizzahead »

mr64bit wrote:Shame, I really liked MW 2.3, but It seemed to loose players shortly after 2.4.0 came out. Perhaps Zigarat with it's no TKs had something to do with it...
I think it was the fact that it didn't immediately come to 2.4 and Apo and Ziggurat filled the void. I blame blast.

Just kidding. The game is probably better off without MW, it was bound to lose popularity at some point. Not saying I don't miss it sometimes, but the game has to evolve at some point...
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who.
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

It was about time for a new "top" map to take first place on the server list. Sure I miss it occasionally, but it's nice to bring in a certain "freshness" to the game.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Pizzahead wrote:
I think it was the fact that it didn't immediately come to 2.4 and Apo and Ziggurat filled the void. I blame blast.

Just kidding. The game is probably better off without MW, it was bound to lose popularity at some point. Not saying I don't miss it sometimes, but the game has to evolve at some point...
Dunno what the heck you're talking about. IIRC, I was running a copy of the map on BZFlag 2.3.x prior to 2.4 even being released, and it was running on 2.4 right away as well.

Pizzahead
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Pizzahead »

blast wrote:
Pizzahead wrote:

Just kidding.
Dunno what the heck you're talking about. IIRC, I was running a copy of the map on BZFlag 2.3.x prior to 2.4 even being released, and it was running on 2.4 right away as well.
It seemed to me the only logical explanation as to why MW didn't keep the top spot, seeing as it had held it for over a year. Of course, since I've been playing BZ so infrequently, my memory of the transition from .0.16 to .4 is completely gone.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who.