Cop Wars

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
Hype the Great
Private
Private

Cop Wars

Post by Hype the Great »

I had this idea,

What if there was a server where one person on each team gets certain "cop" privileges, like /flag give. And every thirty (?) minutes or so, the round resets and each team gets a new cop. Then it's the cop's job to give good flags to his/her teammates in order to get the best advantage. There would be superflags on the ground also.

[note] I'm sorry if this is in the wrong location in the forums, but it was the best place I could find to post this.
Sniper752
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Cop Wars

Post by Sniper752 »

IMO, that could be a neat play style. You would just have to write a plugin that would only give the cop the ability to give flags to his team, and not the other team. I wouldn't put superflags on the ground for this. maybe have the team be able to vote for a cop change? (just trying to expand on your idea) This could really support teamwork as each person would have a certain role base on the flag given.
[center]::|:|::|Sniper752|::|:|::
Map Maker
Avid Airsofter
Owner: Hosting.BZAddict.net ports 5242 and 5243
Admin: bzsupreme.webarts.bc.ca[/center]
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

Can be implemented easily via a plug-in. Learn how to write one and write it :)
DeltaFlame
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by DeltaFlame »

this would be good provided that the cop's team colour alternates to a pattern e.g red green red green red green or red blue green purple red blue green purple
Ragu sauce: If you gave this to someone who was actually from Italy, they'd punch you in the face.
Iskskskks
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Iskskskks »

This is a good idea IMO. Just 1 thing...... What if the player only gives flags to himself. Should there be a banlist that the server can look at before making he/she a flag cop?
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

Sounds like an "I wanna be admin" concept. No offence or disrespect intended, but thats what this comes off as.

Admins have no stretegic or other advantage other players as far as fair gameplay goes. Freely allowing players to /flag give, ban, kick and just do whatever they want is generally going to be a bad idea. You really don't want any and every body getting their rocks off playing with the admin commands of your server. Sure, this might be easy to implement, it won't play out like you are saying.
...This has been a recording.