Speed CTF

User made maps to use on servers.
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Speed CTF

Post by allejo »

I haven't made a map in a while so I decided I'd make another one. I have always been a fan of new or different playing styles, that's probably why they are never popular because don't know how to read the server introduction which explains how to play... Anyhow, I decided to make this map anyways because it seemed like fun. The concept is simple, there is one Useless flag in the middle and teams must fight and hold it for 15 seconds; after 15 seconds, you are given a team flag for you to go cap. There are two thief flags and these are only meant so you can 'pass' flags to teammates, you cannot steal a flag from the enemy. If you drop the team flag, you must go grab the US flag once again. The map is duc style, so 2 shots and no jumping. Because I am not using the traditional CTF method, when you cap, the tanks are not destroyed and I'm not using real bases for capturing the flags.

I am not uploading this map or plug-in because frankly, I don't want to.

Screenshots

Hosted
bzbattleground.com:4234

License
Closed source

Before I get the common question of what I used to make this map, I used Wings 3D, graph paper, and TextMate to write this map.
mahem1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Speed CTF

Post by mahem1 »

So I got this map going this morning and the gameplay is very interesting. (although I only played most 1v1).
It has a cool mix between hold the flag and classic CTF, so that you have to run then go CTF. I think Duc style goes perfect with this small map and more reserved defensive gameplay. Also I have seen that it is effective to use the TH flags as decoys.

One thing that could be worked on would be the team bases. It is rather hard to tell where the zone starts and ends, because there are multiple underground regular bases.
And being 5 bzwu vertically makes dodging a bit harder.

But overall I think this is a cool game style.
Lag makes me miss all of the good stuff.
And random bans..........
Agent West
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Speed CTF

Post by Agent West »

Nice looking map. really like the ground textures.
Is there a plugin for something like "reverse thief" where instead of taking flag it passes flag? For some reason reading the descriptopn made me think of that. Not really sure if something like that would change the gameplay, but might lead to new CAPing strategies.
Rest in peace, AliceD (AKA Happy Alice)! miss ya!