New Gun-Games at Planet-MoFo Passion

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

New Gun-Games at Planet-MoFo Passion

Post by optic delusion »

COMING SOON!! to Planet MoFo's Passion map will be the new Gun-Game server mode plugin.

This BZFlag plugin emulates "Gun-Game" of Counter Strike and of "Arsenal" of GoldenEye Source fame. Here's how it works.

Every player starts with a Laser flag. On each successive kill, the player gets a "less powerful" flag. They cannot drop the flag nor pick up other flags. The first player to progress through the entire list wins.
The last flag is SteamRoller (SR), and here the bullets are disabled. You must steamroll another tank for the winning kill. (if there are only 2 players, the steamroller's gun is re-enabled.)

As people join or leave the game, the flag list and scores are adjusted accordingly. For example, SW is disabled for less than 3 players. Bad flags start at 4. At 5 players, everything is on.
Suicide results in going back one level.
I have not yet decided whether teamkill will be on or off.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: New Gun-Games at Planet-MoFo Passion

Post by ducktape »

Awesome, great idea. Can't wait to give it a try!
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: New Gun-Games at Planet-MoFo Passion

Post by Green Manalishi »

it should be enough to say that this plugin makes me play the passion of the ffa map, which i have avoided since 9 years (something against symmetric ffa maps). bz development is actually realized thanks to great plugins like this.