Suggestion To Limit Team Creation :: Please Read

Discussion for GU League Players
Snake12534
Private First Class
Private First Class

Suggestion To Limit Team Creation :: Please Read

Post by Snake12534 »

Hi all GU members. I had been thinking of a suggestion that we should limit how much teams they can be in GU League, and only increase that number when more players are in the league. So far today, the league has about 20+ active teams, 35+ teams total. With very, very little active players. Most teams are dying and becoming inactive, such as Resistance, Rainbow, Whamboozle, Loki, basically every team under 1.00 activity is lowering. Reptiles with the highest activity with only 1.99 activity. That is quite crazy. The league used to be much more active than this. I notice many new teams popped up, this then 'took' players from each team, here's a good example. The recently new team, Ducati FM? (no disrespect here) took players from Forestforce. It caused a decrease between the teams, FF and others. Basically, there's need to be a balance of activity. Supply and demand. If there isn't an active team, but one. There are no active teams. Such as Reptiles being most active, and others are low in activity. Reptiles' activity will decrease, finding opposition will be a pain in the butt. So one or two things happen :: Reptiles' need to decrease in members (which we already did, did not work) or we delete a few teams, making more active teams. I usually spend at least 30 minuetes looking for a match. (If lucky)

Basically, what I suggest GU to do, is to stop players from making new teams, because we already have enough. The second thing : if we are in a crisis with low activity, I believe we should delete teams. This might not be a good idea, but its the only hope if we lost activity. When new players join, The deleted teams may be restored.

This is what I think that will help this league, please consider this.
retired
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Re: Suggestion To Limit Team Creation :: Please Read

Post by allejo »

Doesn't seem plausible. We are only human, there will always be grudges/friction/drama between players. Not everyone is going to want to leave their team and join another one where they don't like the teammates.
Snake12534
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Snake12534 »

allejo wrote:Doesn't seem plausible. We are only human, there will always be grudges/friction/drama between players. Not everyone is going to want to leave their team and join another one where they don't like the teammates.
Well I know that could happen, but it will be the only way if we don't want GU to die, also, the other better way I suggested was that we stop players from making new teams, like right now is the maximum amount of teams
retired
Bullet Catcher
Captain
Captain

Post by Bullet Catcher »

Does it matter which team you are on?

If the answer is "yes" then we will continue to allow anyone to create and build the team they want.

If the answer is "no" then you should be content to play fun matches, where official team membership is irrelevant, when there are no opponent teams available.

Either way, we aren't going to restrict the number of teams.
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

Snake12534 wrote:Well I know that could happen, but it will be the only way if we don't want GU to die
For as long as people are interested in GU, it isn't going to die. And by the looks of people always visiting hix maps, they're still interested. The fact that its harder to find an official match doesn't mean it's dying; sure it's not as active as it once was but neither is bzflag.
Snake12534
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Snake12534 »

allejo wrote:
Snake12534 wrote:Well I know that could happen, but it will be the only way if we don't want GU to die
For as long as people are interested in GU, it isn't going to die. And by the looks of people always visiting hix maps, they're still interested. The fact that its harder to find an official match doesn't mean it's dying; sure it's not as active as it once was but neither is bzflag.
Please note I said will. I don't think GU is dead yet ;)
retired