Team Elemination Cup Suggestion

Discussion for GU League Players
Snake12534
Private First Class
Private First Class

Team Elemination Cup Suggestion

Post by Snake12534 »

http://gu.ninja.so/ First please read this link, and understand my basic idea. This was written by an old GU Player.

Why do I suggest this? : I belive that the Rikers Cup is the only time the only 10 best players can play from a continent vs 10 best players from another continent. I want players that like to be loyal and support their team :) This way, alot of people can play, instead of just all the pros. Nabs like me can even play if my team leader decided to choose me to play :) I also think this is a good idea to help GU become more active, and more people can be interested in the league. It would also show who is the best team :)

I suggest that we should make a team vs team elemination cup suggestion. Each team picks their 2 (maybe 3 or 4?) best players. And each team will also have subs available. A team vs team official will be assigned randomly by either admins or just randomly :) Those two teams then later match at an assigned date that works for those 4 players (2v2, maybe 3v3, 4v4??, not too huge.) Winner of that should then match another winning team randomly. In the end, if they are 3 winning teams left that had survived. The team that won the most in the cup watches the other two surviving teams play. The winner of that match then matches the current champion. The winner then takes the best team cup for their team.

Qualifing teams (Please note I don't really mind if this changes) : Teams with at least 1.00 activity. Teams that are at least 6 months old. Teams that have at least 5 active players. Players are chosen by the team leader of each team. Those players must be in the team for at least a week, 2, 3 weeks? a month? I am not sure.

Date : I suggest it to be near Rikers' cup day. Somewhere in late July, or early August. This cup should take a week long? How to setup the teams I am not so sure. When the admins do assigned the teams randomly, please make sure to assign a euro vs euro team if possible, but still late enough for the americans to watch :) Let's say there are 7 qualifying teams, each day, a match could be done. Best out of three is declare the winner of that match, and will move on the next day.

Honestly, the setup should be up to you guys :) I just suggest that each team should have a chance, and do best outta 3, just like the rikers, 30 min matches, 5-10 mins break each time.

Specific Rules : Observers can not talk in the matches (only teamchat) (of course) The two players (3,4,???) assigned from each team leader MUST be in every single match till the end, unless a sub is must required, the sub can only participate in ONE match. New subs if let's say the assigned player from each team is too busy that week.

Please consider this : Please add new ideas, I really want this cup to get going soon :) I believe it will be very fun :) Add a post, tell me what you think :) and let's hope the admins agree to do this. You can suggest to change anything :D

Thank you!
"Long Live Reptiles!"
- Snake12534
Last edited by Snake12534 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.
retired
macsforme
General
General

Re: Team Elemination Cup Suggestion

Post by macsforme »

You are more than welcome to organize and facilitate such an event. It takes significant time and effort to coordinate something like this. You can't just expect someone else to take your idea and make it work. Why don't you decide on the rules/structure yourself (ask others for input if you like), pick a date, and then set up a web site with all of the rules and entry information. It sounds like you could use existing match servers for such an event.
Snake12534
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Snake12534 »

We decided to event will take too much work and time to organize this event.

So Fusion (Reptiles) had decided to create just one private battle, just to test out what one day of this cup would be like. Teams we are hoping to accquired : Firebirds (d3ad turtle, slyther366, jon-, tamarack, araquiel, genocide) Time is : July 6, 2013 UTC : 17:00

We would also like to play any other team, please PM or post here if you want to participate in this *test* cup.

Edit : These matches will be *real* officials. They will count toward the GU League site. The real team cup however will not, it will be FM's, just like Rikers.
retired
brad
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by brad »

Snake...has anyone told you yet it's really rude to specify which team members you play against?
Snake12534
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Snake12534 »

Oh ... oops O.o well I already ask most of those players to come to the cup, sorry about that. But Here's an edit : the small *test* cup will take place at bzbg 62
retired
brad
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by brad »

What you should have done is sent a message to the whole team - otherwise it looks like you're just looking for the easiest match possible. But I'm sure that wasn't your intention... :P
Snake12534
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Snake12534 »

brad wrote:What you should have done is sent a message to the whole team - otherwise it looks like you're just looking for the easiest match possible. But I'm sure that wasn't your intention... :P
Message sent to the team :) I put it up here because I wanted people to know when the event will be taking place and bzflag teams know that if they want to be in the cup as well :) I also was hoping this will be good to test what one day of this cup is.
retired
Snake12534
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Snake12534 »

Please read first post, any team is welcome, just bring teammates, and we match, please PM me if your team is coming.
retired
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

What are the actual rules and event format? Your first post was ambiguous.
osta
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by osta »

And I bet Ducati FM is not allowed? :>
Snake12534
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Snake12534 »

Constitution wrote:What are the actual rules and event format? Your first post was ambiguous.
The event format for this weekend is quite simple if were to compare to the real team cup. Its going to be Team A vs Team B. (Team A is Reptiles) First team to reach 2 wins will be declare winner. The matches will be 30 minuetes and will take place at bzbg 62. It will be a 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4, it depends what team B wants. The matches will be counted as officials. Time at 17:00 UTC

Since the event is in 2 days, PLEASE ANY TEAM try to make it, PM me before hand please! Get a mate if we goto desperate levels and we can 2v2. I just want to show the league how the real cup will be like.

The event for the real team cup will be a bit more complicated. Let's say they are 10 teams participating. The event will last for one week (about). Each day two teams are to matched each other (best outta 3 (3v3/4/2)) the winning team advances and losing team is disqualified.
retired
Snake12534
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Snake12534 »

osta wrote:And I bet Ducati FM is not allowed? :>
At this moment any team is allowed. Please, any team, get at least 2 mates and please PM to be in the cup. As the cup is starting in 2 days, we need a team (a 3v3 will be preferred, but desperate times call for desperate measures)

Again, please contact me today or tomorrow if you want your team to play.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AT LEAST 2 HOURS OF PLAY.
retired
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

So to be clear, you are inviting any and all teams to come, but only two teams can actually participate, and one of those teams will be yours?
Snake12534
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Snake12534 »

Constitution wrote:So to be clear, you are inviting any and all teams to come, but only two teams can actually participate, and one of those teams will be yours?
Yes, but I am asking ANY team to come, if they want to. But the team has to contact me beforehand, that way they won't be 3 teams showing up, and only 2. I will then reply back to them if they asked first or not. Yes, one of the teams will be mine, but only for this specific event.
retired
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

So essentially you are just planning an official match several days in advance... What's the fun if only one other team gets to participate? I guess I don't see how you're "testing" your team cup by only having two team participate, one of them being your team.

Why not add something more interesting to your cup? Make a round robin tournament or come up some some sort of prize for the winner(s) (thinkgeek.com has some pretty cool stuff for dirt cheap).
Snake12534
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Snake12534 »

tw1sted wrote:So essentially you are just planning an official match several days in advance... What's the fun if only one other team gets to participate? I guess I don't see how you're "testing" your team cup by only having two team participate, one of them being your team.

Why not add something more interesting to your cup? Make a round robin tournament or come up some some sort of prize for the winner(s) (thinkgeek.com has some pretty cool stuff for dirt cheap).
Yes, but the event isn't really a cup. We are doing a test showing what 1 day is like. If all teams participated, it will take more hard work and time to plan it.
retired
Snake12534
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Snake12534 »

Team Cup Has Been Rescheduled, because we haven't recieved two teams yet, until then, Date will be assigned

Sorry for the inconvience.

Any team welcome, please contact me.
retired