Rookie Question

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
lep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Rookie Question

Post by lep »

Hoping this is the right thread to post under, I've got a rather simple question.

I just got a Macbook Pro a few weeks ago that runs on 10.8.4; I got it for college. I've downloaded BZFlag and it works fine. However, I'm still a bit new to the OS X experience and I can't find the folders where things such as the config file, screenshots, maps, etc. are stored. With windows it was easy to find for me because I was familiar with it.

I know it sounds like a stupid question but a little help would be nice.

Thanks,
ll
macsforme
General
General

Re: Rookie Question

Post by macsforme »

Go to your home directory, type Command-Shift-G, type "Library", click Go, and navigate to Application Support/BZFlag.
mahem1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mahem1 »

I usual find it by taking a screenshot and going to that directory, the config directory is a sibling to it.
Lag makes me miss all of the good stuff.
And random bans..........
lep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by lep »

There is no BZFlag folder in Application Support, that's where I first looked, and that's why I was confused.

And mahem, I did that, but again, it says ~/Application Support/BZFlag/~ but I can't find that folder on my mac.

EDIT: Constitution, I found it. Thanks. I was in the wrong directory. Thanks for the help.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

For future reference, the ~ represents your home directory, so ~/Application Support/ would actually be something like /Users/<yourusername>/Application Support/.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)