Farewell from Bzbattleground

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
ahs3
Private First Class
Private First Class

Farewell from Bzbattleground

Post by ahs3 »

It has been a honor to host/make maps and host leagues for BZFlag. The server has a new purpose. I wish the bzflag community all the best. (although I will likely still play sometimes)

Lots of memories and tons of good times. :)

ahs3
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Re: Farewell from Bzbattleground

Post by kierra »

Hate to see bzbg go after so many years, so many novelty maps.
Many thanks for years of service. It's been a good run.
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"
"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond ypu."
ZE BOZZ
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ZE BOZZ »

Thanks ahs3 for making so many of those good times and memories. You shall most truly be missed. Hope to see you around and not lose you completely :)
•• •• •• •• ••
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Green Manalishi »

thanks a lot for the great times on your masterpiece maps, ahs. i will never forget the first time i've played on gym of pain (which probably was the day i got to know you too), a map that filled my heart with unexplainable joy. it has been years filled with fun times on clay hills, riot ffa, tank hotel, fun park, rubato, corridor of madness, cave dwellers (i'm sure i have forgotten a few i've enjoyed a lot). it has been an honor to be a part of the player/admin squad of bzbattleground. i hope some of your maps will continue to get hosted by different servers like louman's maps after norang. and i definitely hope to see you around.
mdskpr
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mdskpr »

Thank you ahs3 for all of the fun and dedication you have provided the bzflag community over the years with your servers. There was never a time when I was not able to have fun on your servers. They were always a blast. It has been an honor to play and enjoy your servers and to help you on maps, plugins, and other aspects of server upkeep. I hope you continue to be active in the community...unlike me.....oh and Happy Easter! :)
slime
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by slime »

Thanks for everything, ahs. Your servers were always the ones I frequented outside of the leagues. Superb maps, admins, and overall atmosphere. I definitely have some great memories I'll never forget at many of the maps you hosted and I have you to thank for that.

Hope I'll continue to see you around

slime
alcatraz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by alcatraz »

Makes me sad to read news like this.
We already knew bzflag was dying, but this is like a splash of cold water in the face.

Thanks for all the great work ahs.
Kolor
Private
Private

Post by Kolor »

Thank you! It's been a great time and wonderful games!
An SQUERRILz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by An SQUERRILz »

bzbattleground shall be missed.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

WOW man, brings back some good memories. Sorry to see the server go.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

It was an honor to have some of my maps hosted on your server (and sorry for the several segfaults), thank you for the amazing dedication you had for this community by hosting and creating maps :) I'll be more than happy to host any of your maps at your request!
Jefenry
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Jefenry »

So many good memories... I really enjoyed admining on your server and spending more time chatting in observer than actually playing.
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Green Manalishi »

Jefenry wrote:So many good memories... I really enjoyed admining on your server and spending more time chatting in observer than actually playing.
i knew something big was missing in my first post. now i know i'm getting old. :doh: jefenry, thanks a lot to you too for your contribution of great maps that were hosted on bzbattleground. stalingrad and easter island will always be among my all time favorite maps. although hosted for a relatively short time, i won't forget the fun i had on project meniscus too (i have yet to vote for that russian guy). like ahs, you have always come up with interesting ideas (making maps of historical events, even games like chess and risk? :o ) and applied them to the bz world in the best possible ways. if it wasn't for you guys, the post-louman/post-anomaly era would be much more barren and monotonous for those of us who don't play the camper/sniper/geno hugger ctf game.

allejo, if you host maps by ahs and jefenry (and your own suw33t ones like frozen wasteland or paradise city), i'll stop calling you a n00b (..at least for a while :mrgreen: ).
dang dizzy white
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dang dizzy white »

BZBG was simply golden. Sincerely, thank you very much for everything, ahs3. I hope the server's new purpose will be as awesome as it was prior to the change. ;)
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

Thank you, ahs3 and the staff of bzbg. You served and hosted a special niche of maps that were always a blast to play. Dodge trainer, although simplistic in nature always gave me one of the biggest rushes of all playing on that map. Paintball always came a close second. Thank you for all the great times and hope to see you around occasionally!
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
sn0w_m0nkey
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by sn0w_m0nkey »

Thank you ahs3 for everything you've done for the bzflag community. I hope you will keep coming back to this silly little tank game!
oi!
slon02
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by slon02 »

Even though I'm pretty much inactive, I'm sorry to see it go. Thank you for everything, ahs3.
Current Server: hosting.BZADDICT.net:5173
Former Server: Fairserve.bzflag.org:5259
Dr Robotnik
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Dr Robotnik »

Wow, a lot has changed since I last checked in here. I always enjoyed your maps ahs3 - esp. That one with the tall mountains...I cant remember thec title asit's been some years.

I hope this game can recover from this stagnation and find some new life, but things are not looking too up.
Admin and Support Supervisor for BZAddict. Need a BZFlag map hosted? Register today at bzaddict.net!
My Maps: Plaza (bzaddict.net 5198) Final Zone Collab (bzaddict.net 5199
Snooping as usual I see? Yes, yes you are.