Access to Player's Overall History Statistics

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
Kitsune
Private First Class
Private First Class

Access to Player's Overall History Statistics

Post by Kitsune »

I would like to know if there is any way to access some random player's statistics on various focuses as they were (if they were) recorded through time. If accessing them is possible, then I'm also wondering to which focuses are the statistics limited, as well as ask for the link to them.

To give an example of what I mean, is it possible to see, or ever better, is it even being recorded how many kills & deaths has one player made/received through their entire playtime on all the servers around? I do remember seeing one page where one player's "most kills" and "most deaths" counter was displayed, but I forgot which website that was (most likely the wiki, but I'm not certain). So, the question is, is it possible to access even more of such statistics, and if yes, where?
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Access to Player's Overall History Statistics

Post by JeffM »

The project itself does not record player performance data. Some servers do but I do not know of any that do so over multiple sessions.

The third party site, http://bzstats.strayer.de/ polls data from servers and builds up some statistics. Due to it's polling nature there may be gaps in the data.
ImageJeffM
Kitsune
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Kitsune »

Ah, thank you for clearing that up. An example I forgot to list was if it is possible to know how many messages has a user submitted in their playtime, but I guess your answer covers this as well. It's rather interesting, however, that the game maintainers don't hold access to such info through their own inner system. There is nothing wrong with that, it's just that many other games and their admins (even if they are indie games) prefer holding that for a general overview of the activity, power players, etc. Without it, we could say that there is some "privacy" established, not every move followed.

Well, yeah, I was never searching for a pinpointing perfect information, but some approximate statistics are splendid to have. Thanks again.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

BZFlag was not designed for internet play, so it lacks many of the expected features of modern online games. Game servers are privately run, and there is no global messaging system, so we do not have access to chat data. We do keep records from the authentication system since that is something we run.
ImageJeffM