Failled entry (Exit=2)

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
Montross
Private
Private

Failled entry (Exit=2)

Post by Montross »

Hello there! I can't enter the game. When I try to enter server it just says "FAILLED (EXIT=2)". What can I do about that?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers.
Bullet Catcher
Captain
Captain

Re: Failled entry (Exit=2)

Post by Bullet Catcher »

That usually means that the "bzfs" server program can't be found. Be sure it is installed and in your PATH.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

If you are wanting to run your own server, I'd also recommend running it from the command line. That way you can actually see error output if things are configured wrong.

If you just want to play the game, you don't have to host your own server. You can join one of the other servers from the built-in server list.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Montross
Private
Private

Post by Montross »

When I try to enter the game in a server already built-in, the same message appear.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

You want to hit "Connect", not "Start Server". The Start Server part is only for when you want to host a local LAN server.

http://wiki.bzflag.org/Getting_Started#Joining_a_game
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)