Special events

Discussion for Leagues United players
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Special events

Post by kierra »

what about the seasons in duc? I think they should be kept in the merged leagues because they provide rewards for activity/losing that the normal ladder just doesn't have. Also the Capricorn cup was a good idea too.
Doubles (or triples) for both duc, hix, or any other map.
And of course, Rikers/Chesval cups.

Will the new site be able to facilitate these?
Blast might be a source for the seasons/ Capricorn code as he hosts duc site.....plus tell me whether it's opensource code ;)
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"
"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond ypu."
blast
General
General

Re: Special events

Post by blast »

"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

T-roy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by T-roy »

I would like if each map would have monthly team trophies. Perhaps stimulate activity. Sorta like the 1vs1 but team format.
-panda-
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by -panda- »

One match on hix, one on duc and one on a random map. Sounds damn sexy to me. :)
miro
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by miro »

I would not put seasons in the new league, even when ducati was active no one cared for them, maybe just one team or two...normal ranking and special events in different maps are good enough in my opinion.
Monster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Monster »

Another special event I aways liked is LTS although I am not sure whether it is necessary to implement that in a league website.

+ now that we might be having a league with several different maps it would be nice to have some events based on the variety the league offers.
Rex
Private
Private

Post by Rex »

I always loved htf, would be great to see it as an event or even as a regular league option in addition to ctf.
figurines
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by figurines »

HTF could be a great way to generate more matches...since it is something that could be tracked on an individual level (# of caps)
MlG
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by MlG »

I dont like the idea of seasons...

But special events are always welcome! I dont think htf should be an event that counts towards the team score because it has nothing to do with teamplay.

Also i think there should be events you have to qualify for during the usual matches.
Be within the best 10%/20%/30% of flag cap count/kill count/activity(# of matches played)/... For certain types of events certain qualifiers can be used. (htf -> caps / lts -> kills / fm-event -> activity). So the ones with the best scores between the events may play in them.
At the moment this idea might not be appealing since the overall activity is very low, but it might help getting people motivated to play league matches in order to qualify for special events.

Al these special events should not count towards the league team score if they dont have to do anything with teamplay.
Monster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Monster »

MlG wrote:I dont like the idea of seasons...

But special events are always welcome! I dont think htf should be an event that counts towards the team score because it has nothing to do with teamplay.

Also i think there should be events you have to qualify for during the usual matches.
Be within the best 10%/20%/30% of flag cap count/kill count/activity(# of matches played)/... For certain types of events certain qualifiers can be used. (htf -> caps / lts -> kills / fm-event -> activity). So the ones with the best scores between the events may play in them.

At the moment this idea might not be appealing since the overall activity is very low, but it might help getting people motivated to play league matches in order to qualify for special events.

Al these special events should not count towards the league team score if they dont have to do anything with teamplay.
I agree with __________.

+slightly off topic :
It might motivate people if the results of such special events and even the current league standings (top 3 points & activity) would appear as a server message on all public and official leage servers.
gorgomol
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by gorgomol »

Monster wrote:+slightly off topic :
It might motivate people if the results of such special events and even the current league standings (top 3 points & activity) would appear as a server message on all public and official leage servers.
great idea there
life is too short , spread love around you.
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

Monster wrote:+slightly off topic :
I like this idea.

As for seasons, I'm going to say no; it doesn't seem to attract too much attention. As for special events, I'm for this idea. I don't think special events should award additional points but instead players should just get recognition.
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

Can LeagueOverSeer give us a function similar to a "message of the day," to avoid having to reconfigure servers each time a message has to change?
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

Constitution wrote:Can LeagueOverSeer give us a function similar to a "message of the day," to avoid having to reconfigure servers each time a message has to change?
Yes. It can be pulled from the league website