possible Public poll sample

Discussion for Leagues United players
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

possible Public poll sample

Post by kierra »

Hello people,
Here is a something the admins have been kicking around and discussing for public poll on the forums.
Blast is working on a poll system for BZFlag that is limited to one vote per account. Thank you in advance, blast.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/create/sur ... 223PXwond9

thoughts?
Last edited by kierra on Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"
"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond ypu."
Rex
Private
Private

Re: possible Public poll sample

Post by Rex »

Looks good to me :) Can't wait for the merge!
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

Please note: This survey is open here for discussion: Please look over the possible reponses to each question.. Is there anything lacking there, that needs to be addressed.

There may be a problem with some name choices and trademark infringement. The name list is not set in stone atm.

For me: regarding question 4: I feel this is something that doesn't need to be decided in order to launch the new league. I think it's an event that can be placed on the back burner for possible use at some later date should that be desired - rather than rule it out completely now.
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

I'd like to suggest the following modifications to the poll:
  1. What should the new league be called? *
    • International League of Tanks (iLeague)
    • League of Nations
    • Leagues United
    • Multileague
    • OneLeague
    • ProLeague
    • Unified Competitive Tankers
    • Other
  2. Aside from HiX and Ducati, what other map styles would you like to be included as official maps?
    • Babel
    • Pillbox
    • Other (please specify)
  3. Aside from the official league maps, would you be interested in having a special map that will be introduced as an official map for a limited time?
    • Yes
    • No
  4. If you answered yes to #3, how long should a special map be used? After this time, it'll be switched to another map.
    • Weekly
    • Bi-weekly
    • Monthly
    • I do not want a special map
  5. Do you want existing bans from the GU League and the Ducati League migrated to the new league? **
    • Each player's situation should be considered on a case-by-case basis
    • All current bans should stand
  6. Do you want the seasons concept, such as formerly existed in the Ducati League, to be implemented in the new league?
    • Yes
    • No
  7. The GU League uses a baseline of 30 minute matches and multiplies points earned by 2/3 for 20-minute matches. The Ducati League uses a baseline of 20 minutes and multiplies by 1.5 for 30-minute matches and 3/4 for 15-minute matches. Considering that all teams will be ranked together, do you want these separate rating systems be maintained for each map style, or do you want one rating formula/multiplier apply to all map styles?
    • Ducati matches should keep their points multiplier and HiX matches should keep their multiplier
    • One formula/multiplier should be applied to all matches for a consistent points award for each match length
Notes
  • I removed "Highlander League" in fear of possible lawsuits since this already exists for Team Fortress.
  • I removed "BZFlag League" and "BZFlag Global" as it may interfere with official project related servers, such as an official League run by the project administrators and the BZFlag global authentication system - respectively.
  • Questions #3 and #4 will allow us to introduce any new maps as players suggest
The deadline for suggesting modifications to this poll will be April 8th before we go public with the poll; any and all suggestions should be discussed by then - unless stated otherwise. This deadline will provide enough to time for everyone to discuss the poll and if not, it's unfortunate you were not active enough on BZFlag to be a part of the decision.

Deadline: April 8th

* For more league name suggestions, please discuss it here: http://forums.bzflag.org/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=18976 League names will be added to this poll as they receive support from other committee members.
** This question may be removed, please discuss it here: http://forums.bzflag.org/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=18973

Update
  • 3/29 - Removed Overlord; it was a typo
[/size]
Last edited by allejo on Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

Overlord doesn't play well as a league map. There is only one way up to the towers, giving a great advantage to the camper. If people really want that map, make them write it in.

Bans can always be considered on a case-by-case basis anyway, so if amnesty is not even being considered, remove that question entirely.

Looks okay otherwise.
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

It looks good, allejo. Thank you for posting.
My bad on the OverLord.....I meant Grassroots.

Agreed on all your points, 1-7.
gorgomol
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by gorgomol »

allejo wrote:I'd like to suggest the following modifications to the poll:
  1. What should the new league be called? *
    • League of Nations
    • Leagues United
    • Multileague
    • OneLeague
    • ProLeague
    • Other
  2. Aside from HiX and Ducati, what other map styles would you like to be included as official maps?
    • Babel / Overlord
    • Pillbox
    • Other (please specify)
  3. Aside from the official league maps, would you be interested in having a special map that will be introduced as an official map for a limited time?
    • Yes
    • No
  4. If you answered yes to #3, how long should a special map be used? After this time, it'll be switched to another map.
    • Weekly
    • Bi-weekly
    • Monthly
  5. Do you want existing bans from the GU League and the Ducati League migrated to the new league? **
  6. Do you want the seasons concept, such as formerly existed in the Ducati League, to be implemented in the new league?
    • Yes
    • No
  7. The GU League uses a baseline of 30 minute matches and multiplies points earned by 2/3 for 20-minute matches. The Ducati League uses a baseline of 20 minutes and multiplies by 1.5 for 30-minute matches and 3/4 for 15-minute matches. Considering that all teams will be ranked together, do you want these separate rating systems be maintained for each map style, or do you want one rating formula/multiplier apply to all map styles?
    • Ducati matches should keep their points multiplier and HiX matches should keep their multiplier
    • One formula/multiplier should be applied to all matches for a consistent points award for each match length
Notes
  • I removed "Highlander League" in fear of possible lawsuits since this already exists for Team Fortress.
  • I removed "BZFlag League" and "BZFlag Global" as it may interfere with official project related servers, such as an official League run by the project administrators and the BZFlag global authentication system - respectively.
  • Questions #3 and #4 will allow us to introduce any new maps as players suggest
The deadline for suggesting modifications to this poll will be April 8th before we go public with the poll; any and all suggestions should be discussed by then - unless stated otherwise. This deadline will provide enough to time for everyone to discuss the poll and if not, it's unfortunate you were not active enough on BZFlag to be a part of the decision.

Deadline: April 8th

* For more league name suggestions, please discuss it here: http://forums.bzflag.org/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=18976 League names will be added to this poll as they receive support from other committee members.
** This question may be removed, please discuss it here: http://forums.bzflag.org/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=18973
life is too short , spread love around you.
figurines
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by figurines »

I'd like to push an option that states "All bans over a year (maybe 2 years?) old are revoked, giving players a seconds chance"

That way Snake1243 can still be banned, but all others can get their second chance.

Also I think we have too many league name options, it should be less than 5 to get closer to a majority vote.

I also think that question #5 should be removed (because both points systems work fine and it really makes no difference) and replaced with a question similar to "Should maps that are played less frequently be awarded more points? " or maybe "Should teams that play on a larger pool of maps be awarded more points than those that play on just a single map?"

My two cents

Fig

PS CAN'T WAIT!
dauphin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dauphin »

Players banned due to their behaviour or language could be given a second chance, they may have changed. Concerning players who had been banned for cheating, perhaps they deserve a second chance as well, provided experimented players keep a close watch on them for some time. If they seem perfectly clean, then why not unban them.
Facilis Descensus Averni.

ladeda, ladedo, sing a song for you
T-roy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by T-roy »

Looks great, nicely done. Lets get this ball rolling.
T-roy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by T-roy »

Had a thought.....perhaps we should also add to survey a vote on team colors...mix it up...i liked the purple and green during the gender matches.
options could be, leave it alone, and choices of available colors. Perhaps a fresh start is needed.
Moto Unit
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Moto Unit »

kierra wrote:Hello people,
Here is a something the admins have been kicking around and discussing for public poll on the forums.
Blast is working on a poll system for BZFlag that is limited to one vote per account. Thank you in advance, blast.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/create/sur ... 223PXwond9

thoughts?
I like it...think it will work well:) Thanks blast!
kajo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by kajo »

Great work, agree with all questions and possible responses.
hj
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by hj »

Love the survey; I think it's a fantastic idea and pretty holistic after all the proposed edits.

Also, someone else mentioned this on the bans page (Mlg or monst perhaps) and I thought it was a fantastic idea. Perhaps have another choice that reads:
  • -Retain bans for players removed from both leagues. Bans for players removed from one league but not the other will be discussed on a case-by-case basis.
-hj
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

A few more thoughts:

The admin discussion attempting to address the amnesty issue failed to reach a consensus one way or the other. Furthermore, it looks like there may be big changes in leadership coming for the new league, so who knows whether it will actually be adopted. In any case, having data on what the community thinks of the amnesty could be useful to them. So, please add back the amnesty option that was in the original version.
hrj wrote:Also, someone else mentioned this on the bans page (Mlg or monst perhaps) and I thought it was a fantastic idea. Perhaps have another choice that reads:
  • -Retain bans for players removed from both leagues. Bans for players removed from one league but not the other will be discussed on a case-by-case basis.
An interesting idea, but I think the result would actually be the opposite of what most people want; Snake12534 would be allowed back in, and the ancient cheating bans would be retained. :-P

The rotating novelty map is a good idea, but really doesn't fall in the "merger" project I would say. Right now we are trying to bring together the core elements if the existing leagues together, with all the time-proven elements. I say we can address additional maps as one of the first discussions in the new league, but let's not complicate the merger with those two questions right now.

Other than that, the rest looks good.

I had a poll designed on a third-party site almost ready to publish, which could be easily adapted with these last change. However, some concerns were raised regarding validating player memberships and avoiding double votes. blast, can you talk about this project that kierra mentioned? Then we can decide to go with what we have, or wait for his more resilient system to be implemented.
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

Thank you to allejo, Bullet Catcher and Constitution for the survey presented above.
As usual, this continues to be a team effort!

And thank you blast for your work on the polling system for the forums. How's it coming? :)

And thank you to all responding with your posts!
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

hrj wrote:-Retain bans for players removed from both leagues. Bans for players removed from one league but not the other will be discussed on a case-by-case basis.
Constitution wrote:An interesting idea, but I think the result would actually be the opposite of what most people want; Snake12534 would be allowed back in, and the ancient cheating bans would be retained. :-P
Just an FYI:
Snake, banned in gu, is reciprocally banned in ducati. Thus, banned in both leagues.

Soxs. was allowed back in ducati 2 yrs ago - with initial probationary status (fms only) and after 6 mon, full player status for officials, etc.
Monster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Monster »

T-roy wrote:Had a thought.....perhaps we should also add to survey a vote on team colors...mix it up...i liked the purple and green during the gender matches.
options could be, leave it alone, and choices of available colors. Perhaps a fresh start is needed.
I like this Idea!
figurines wrote:I also think that question #5 should be removed (because both points systems work fine and it really makes no difference) and replaced with a question similar to "Should maps that are played less frequently be awarded more points? " or maybe "Should teams that play on a larger pool of maps be awarded more points than those that play on just a single map?"
I do not like this idea because to me the evaluation of points is an important point and I would like to have the majority decide on it.
Constitution wrote:The rotating novelty map is a good idea, but really doesn't fall in the "merger" project I would say. Right now we are trying to bring together the core elements if the existing leagues together, with all the time-proven elements. I say we can address additional maps as one of the first discussions in the new league, but let's not complicate the merger with those two questions right now.
I agree!

+ When I was having a look at the poll I noticed that I was able to pick all of the possible answers and not only one. Is that on purpose?
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

kierra wrote:Just an FYI:
Snake, banned in gu, is reciprocally banned in ducati. Thus, banned in both leagues.

Soxs. was allowed back in ducati 2 yrs ago - with initial probationary status (fms only) and after 6 mon, full player status for officials, etc.
My mistake, then. Thanks.
Monster wrote:When I was having a look at the poll I noticed that I was able to pick all of the possible answers and not only one. Is that on purpose?
For the name question, that is intentional. We thought people would like to pick their favorites, and then hopefully the one with the most overall support will be the one we go with. It is also intentional with the map question, since multiple maps can be added.
Monster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Monster »

@Const, ok, thank you for the clarification.
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

T-roy wrote:Had a thought.....perhaps we should also add to survey a vote on team colors...mix it up...i liked the purple and green during the gender matches.
By "league it alone," do you mean that Hix will use Red vs Purple and Duc will use Red vs Green?

By my understanding, the only change that has been proposed to the last poll draft has been concerning current bans and their migration, can we finalize that discussion here and the conclusion reached there will be reflected in the final version of the poll?

As a reminder, the April 8th deadline is approaching so please submit any final suggested edits by then.
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

The deadline has passed and this will be the finalized version of the poll to be used based on the suggested edits. The poll will go public once alezakos is able to finish the poll site in order to be able to control a one vote per player policy. Should the poll site not be completed in a timely manner, we will go with a traditional survey site such as SurveyMonkey.

---
  1. What should the new league be called?
    • League of Nations
    • Leagues United
    • Multileague
    • OneLeague
    • ProLeague
    • Unileague
    • Panzer League
    • Other
    • Babel
    • Pillbox
    • Other (please specify)
    • Yes
    • No
    • Weekly
    • Bi-weekly
    • Monthly
  5. Do you want existing bans from the GU League and the Ducati League migrated to the new league?
    • Yes
    • No
  8. What should the new team colors be for the league?
    • Red vs Green
    • Red vs Blue
    • Red vs Purple
    • Blue vs Green
    • Blue vs Purple
    • Green vs Purple