Re: Ruling admins

Post by T-roy »

sounds great lets do it, very well thought out
dauphin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dauphin »

Frank The Tank wrote:Just a thought and not trying to influence the hosters but offer these considerations in the selection process as impartial across the 2 active leagues GU and Duc and a players choice nomination that form the basis of their 3 choices.
  • all 3 have to be agreeable to work together
  • one from current GU admin board
  • one from Ducati board
  • one players choice nomination
The 3 selected by the hosters form the board then they select 2 others as mentioned before
Great idea.
Facilis Descensus Averni.

ladeda, ladedo, sing a song for you
Moto Unit
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Moto Unit »

Frank The Tank wrote:Just a thought and not trying to influence the hosters but offer these considerations in the selection process as impartial across the 2 active leagues GU and Duc and a players choice nomination that form the basis of their 3 choices.
  • one from Ducati board
The 3 selected by the hosters form the board then they select 2 others as mentioned before
Sorry I havent been on here much the last week but my wife had surgery and I am a bit tied up at the moment. I do very much like this idea Frank and think it provides a great solution to being all inclusive and seeking participation in the decision making moving forward. Moto
styx
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by styx »

• one from Ducati board
Sorry to spam supportive replies, but I have to even further agree with Frank's latest.

Since this is a merger, we simply have to have representation from both leagues. Would seem to be a given that the GU bunch will be involved, but in my mind, the ducati group has to be as well.
"A fool and his money are soon elected" -- Will Rogers
-panda-
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by -panda- »

Definitely agree with Franks idea, will make things fair on all sides removing some risk of players acting up about the change. :)
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

There are calls to defer the selection of admins until later, along with calls to select the new admin board to be over this process. We can't have both. We need to either wait until later, or pick soon. Another issue is that you have current GU or Ducati admins who do not wish to continue in that role in the new league (but still want to help with the merger), and presumably you have people interested in being an admin post-merger who are not admins now.

Just to throw an alternative idea into the mix, we could hold an election for the new admins. For example, allow a week for players (in any league group) to log into a polling site and nominate up to 10 choices for admin, and for those nominees to log in and accept their nominations. Then allow another week for all the players to log in and vote yes/no on each nominee (a maximum of ten "yes" votes). After that period, we could rank everyone who received at least 2/3rds "yes" votes by the total number of "yes" votes minus the "no" votes they each received, and take the top 10 (if that many received at least 2/3rds) as the new admin board. Just a thought. I would volunteer to code it up if accepted, or maybe we could adapt alezakos' polling system for that purpose.

I realize that there's a heavy consensus for Frank's idea, and I don't mean to muddy the waters (his idea seems sound to me as well), but I thought it couldn't hurt to throw out an alternative.
Frank The Tank
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Frank The Tank »

Further to Connies post, the only problem we have at the moment is things appear to be tasked by the GU admins, however GU admins don't have the mandate to control the merger. Any actions therefore adopted by the GU admins in creating this merger are then forced upon the new board, hence the need for the board now.

I too thought of your voting proposal be it something similar, but discarded the idea based on what others have posted to date about sensitive material they would then have access to, seasoned experience as an admin, how people need to grow into the role etc. Again it would be up to the new board how they thought of replacement and succession and use the subforum for discussion. So was very much thinking of now with as little displacement as possible. Let us learn to walk before we can run with the new board but ultimately the decision be theirs.

As for those that were planning on leaving after the merger, the new board I'm sure would welcome them as consultants and could very easily appoint them as such on a temporary basis with no voting rights. Leaving the final choices to the new board to make. All these things and more should be the mandate for the new board. Not for us to be making decisions on their behalf.

Added to that our first board selection should be a group that are willing and able to work for each other and their stakeholders the players.
gorgomol
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by gorgomol »

• one from Ducati board
agreed +1
life is too short , spread love around you.
Bullet Catcher
Captain
Captain

Post by Bullet Catcher »

Frank The Tank wrote:things appear to be tasked by the GU admins
There is a lot of overlap between the Ducati and GU leadership, which is why I expect the merger to proceed regardless of any player objections. Since kierra is the only remaining active Ducati Council member, the Ducati league is as well represented as possible.
hj
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by hj »

I wholeheartedly agree with Frank's posts.

I know we talked about deferring new adminship till after the merger, but if we have those initial 3 people oversee this current process, then they can still choose their structure/new personnel once this is over.
-hj
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

It should not be forgotten that gorgomol is former duccouncil who resigned last year because of health reasons AND quantum dot is former duccouncil under the old duc-league council along with 5-7 others no longer active.
When I inherited ducati league from menotume.....I was alone in there. Not really sure what happened in that transition.
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"
"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond ypu."
NTH
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by NTH »

slamm wrote:
Frank The Tank wrote:I believe it's essential the new board controls this subforum, poll management, management structure, in effect the merger, not GU Admins.
To that end I propose we ask the hosters brad, Bullet Catcher and allejo to select the first 3 admins by unanimous vote, once selected the 3 new board members unanimously select 2 more board members so in total we have 5 board members to begin with. Voting amongst the board thereafter for future decisions are by majority vote with a timelimit placed on every topic being discussed and resolved.

Thereafter it is upon this board to navigate their way forward to decide and implement management structure, poll conditions, using the subforum as a vehicle for discussion. Just a note the management structure I've outlined in an earlier thread isn't necessarily the one but one for consideration for the new board to make.
This, +1.
Whilst I don't post often I do read, I would like this approach to be adopted
NTH

Why is it when someone says there is a more than a billion stars in the sky you believe them, but if that same person says wet paint you have to touch it to make sure.

You die you spawn ..... You die you spawn .....
Only you controls the length of time between the two.

BZ Cycle of life
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

It is important for this merger to proceed and become reality for the sake of league play.

I do not see all the gu admins transferring over to ruling admin board as that would simply be a duplication of gu league board. Brad has already declined in this thread to be in new league admin board as well as another gu admin from the ruling board. It is definitely important for there to be Ducati representation in the board as this IS a merger not a gu takeover.

I had hoped that osta with his years of experience on duccouncil would have filled this position, but he has made it clear that he has other interests and has declined to participate in discussion here.

Admin structure: utilizing players in their area of strength.

Tech support & site management: allejo & alezakos as architects of bzion. Constitution for his technical knowledge as evidenced in migrating all the duc/gu information to new site. With access to admin forum.

Ruling admins:
Here it is important to not only be a presence on the servers with all the perms stated by BC on page one in this thread but also as sn0w listed:
  • Listen carefully to players, server owners and developers regarding any and all topics related to the health of BZ.
  • Promote a positive and supportive league environment as role models that are approachable.
  • Provide mentoring and leadership for both new and old players alike.
It is imperative for admins to demonstrate maturity, self-control and an ability to communicate respectfully regardless of the situation.

GU representation: I have been impressed with allejo’s initiative to bring things to this forum in the manner that he has, quenching the fiery discussions in gu admin forum. :)
I can see allejo being a great asset on the ruling board. BC is another gu admin with maturity, a level head and a calm demeanor with years of experience.

Ducati representation: I am not the only choice. quantum dot and gorgomol have both served well in ducati ruling board.

New blood in the ruling admin board is imperative -- again, those who have demonstrated maturity by their posts on the forums, behavior on servers and activity on bzflag servers. I would hope for 2 from the player pool. I think hrj would be well chosen for this task as well as Frank the Tank.
This would give us 5 Ruling admins.
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
gorgomol
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by gorgomol »

"Kierra wrote : New blood in the ruling admin board is imperative -- again, those who have demonstrated maturity by their posts on the forums, behavior on servers and activity on bzflag servers. I would hope for 2 from the player pool. I think hrj would be well chosen for this task as well as Frank the Tank.
This would give us 5 Ruling admins."

good choice
hj
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by hj »

Lol thanks for the support, guys - I'd definitely be willing.

I'd also like to second the nomination for Frank. I think he'd be a fantastic choice
-hj
Frank The Tank
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Frank The Tank »

Bullet Catcher wrote:
Frank The Tank wrote:things appear to be tasked by the GU admins
There is a lot of overlap between the Ducati and GU leadership, which is why I expect the merger to proceed regardless of any player objections. Since kierra is the only remaining active Ducati Council member, the Ducati league is as well represented as possible.
So there are presently 4 GU admins to 1 Ducati representative and no player representative, thanks for clarifying BC, we can only but hope the GU's represent 1 combined vote :wink: hence why we see the need for impartiality.

Great to see kierra openly express her views as the sole ducati representative.

As there seems to be a ground swell for supporting the following idea.
gorgomol wrote:
  • one from Ducati board
agreed +1
Can we now progress this discussion along to it's next phase and ask the GU admins to nominate their choice for the board. As we now understand only 2 of the present GU admin group wish to remain then it would be logical for one of these 2 that form the new board core group of 3.

Similarly ask kierra in consultation with gorgomol and quantum dot to nominate their candidate.

As Players, we should offer our player choice nomination with each post, mine is hrj.

I'm flattered kierra as thrown my name in the hat, but I don't see my fit as the core group of 3. Happy to help the new board with management structures but going forward really do see the need for new faces, new blood, and more diverse thinking and how best we manage player involvement in our addiction for shooting each other. Would like to move away from so much control placed in the hands of so few, and also the notion that a board member has to be an admin on the maps. Sometimes the 2 are just not a compatibility but that shouldn't mean we restrict their creativity. If this is a fit with the new board then happy to help.
miro
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by miro »

Araquiel wrote:
  • one from Ducati board
Great idea.
Indeed, also I vote for hj as admin too
figurines
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by figurines »

I also vote for HJ as admin.

I'm sorry I haven't been as active lately. My computer needs a new hard drive :(
Monster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Monster »

This discussion is still a bit obscure to me. Many of those who have been suggested as admins did not make clear yet whether they are willing to fill the position. While I understand that this decision is an important one and shouldn't be take lightly I think that it is important for us to make progress in this matter. I was under the impresion that a working admin board is core to a functioning league. Are we yet so far away to the launch or am i missing something? (not asking rethorically!!) Again, I would suggest allejo for admin and am curious about sn0w_m0nkey, NTH, kierra and Constitution. Finally I'd like to add, that I too think that osta would be a great addition to the admin board and that it's a shame that he is not willing to take part in rescuing our beloved leagues.
NTH
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by NTH »

I would like to take my name out of the running for the ruling admin pot, I'm happy to help out in anyway I can but feel others have more energy/time to donate to the project.
NTH

Why is it when someone says there is a more than a billion stars in the sky you believe them, but if that same person says wet paint you have to touch it to make sure.

BZ Cycle of life
sn0w_m0nkey
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by sn0w_m0nkey »

hi all,
ugh sorry for typos in rush out the door.

just a note to inform you that *I should not be considered either. i encourage active players to continue voicing your nominations and discussions about the new league leadership.
thanks & cheers!
oi!
hj
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by hj »

Monster wrote:Many of those who have been suggested as admins did not make clear yet whether they are willing to fill the position...Again, I would suggest allejo for admin and am curious about sn0w_m0nkey, NTH, kierra and Constitution. Finally I'd like to add, that I too think that osta would be a great addition to the admin board and that it's a shame that he is not willing to take part in rescuing our beloved leagues.
+1.

kierra and const, as two of the most active representatives for this merger, are you willing to be considered for the new board?

I also believe allejo should be one of the 5 - he's instrumental in the league and we'd be figuratively nowhere without him.
-hj
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

Both consti & sn0w declined to be Ruling admins in the gu admin forum.
kierra wrote: Admin structure: utilizing players in their area of strength.
Tech support & site management admins: allejo & alezakos as architects of bzion. Constitution for his technical knowledge as evidenced in migrating all the duc/gu information to new site. With access to admin forum.
I would have preferred osta with his years of experience in duccouncil. As he declines, I am not adverse to serving to see this launched and stabilized in the coming months.
NTH
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by NTH »

kierra wrote:Both consti & sn0w declined to be Ruling admins in the gu admin forum.
kierra wrote: Admin structure: utilizing players in their area of strength.
Tech support & site management admins: allejo & alezakos as architects of bzion. Constitution for his technical knowledge as evidenced in migrating all the duc/gu information to new site. With access to admin forum.
I would have preferred osta with his years of experience in duccouncil. As he declines, I am not adverse to serving to see this launched and stabilized in the coming months.
Consti, snow and NTH declined

Edit: I missed the gu admin forum part, so sorry
Last edited by NTH on Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NTH

BZ Cycle of life
gorgomol
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by gorgomol »

i decline because of health reasons