Ruling admins

Discussion for Leagues United players
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Re: Ruling admins

Post by kierra »

Would love to see quantum dot as Ducati representative on the Ruling board. He served on the first duc council. We have served side by side in ducati as admins, as team mates and again in gu admins as well.

I'm excited at the prospect and potential of new blood in the Ruling board.....hrj and whoever else.
hrj wrote: kierra and const, as two of the most active representatives for this merger, are you willing to be considered for the new board?
I also believe allejo should be one of the 5 - he's instrumental in the league and we'd be figuratively nowhere without him.
I am not adverse to serving to see the merger through and the new league launched......but only as a temporary measure of maybe 2-3 months max.
As long as I am capable, I shall remain available should you need my help/advice/historical perspective, etc etc etc.
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"
"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond ypu."
styx
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by styx »

Frank The Tank wrote:As Players, we should offer our player choice nomination with each post, mine is hrj.
Hrj.

After all she has done for the leagues, if anyone is a lock to be an admin for the new league, it would be kierra. Seriously, we should all join in asking her to help us all once again.
"A fool and his money are soon elected" -- Will Rogers
-panda-
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by -panda- »

slamm wrote:
Frank The Tank wrote:As Players, we should offer our player choice nomination with each post, mine is hrj.
Hrj.

After all she has done for the leagues, if anyone is a lock to be an admin for the new league, it would be kierra. Seriously, we should all join in asking her to help us all once again.

I vote for QD and hrj but agree completely that kierra is a star and we should all be very grateful for her taking the time to keep the leagues alive all these years! <3
kajo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by kajo »

+1 hj
crazystringgirl
Private
Private

Post by crazystringgirl »

I vote allejo for presidential dictator-king and also gu admin board, and hj for player’s choice.
Moto Unit
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Moto Unit »

Frank The Tank wrote:Just a thought and not trying to influence the hosters but offer these considerations in the selection process as impartial across the 2 active leagues GU and Duc and a players choice nomination that form the basis of their 3 choices.
  • all 3 have to be agreeable to work together
  • one from current GU admin board
  • one from Ducati board
  • one players choice nomination
The 3 selected by the hosters form the board then they select 2 others as mentioned before
I would like to cast a yea vote for hrj for player rep. While I don't know him intimately from what I have seen while on the servers he is very active, articulate, and the kind of individual who would appear to be open to input from other players while being able to balance the pro's and con's of differing points of view. Just my two cents worth:)
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

+1 for hj

Thanks for the support guys. I'm hardly active actually playing but yea I'd be willing to be a part of the admin board if my lack of playing doesn't result in any objections.
alezakos
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by alezakos »

I'd love to see kierra and allejo as members of the admin board. Especially allejo has put a tremendous amount of work to support both leagues that proves his genuine interest for them (e.g. BZiON, the league plugin, this subforum), and he can serve as the technical guy on the administrator board :)

Also +1 for hrj as another interested and active individual who seems willing to help the league go forward.
hj
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by hj »

It seems that we're submitting several votes for the player's choice nomination. In order to move forward, we also need the Ducati and GU representatives.

It seems that the lists for possible representatives of each league are rather short if we limit them to current/former (but still active) league board members.
Duc: kierra, quantum dot (gorgo/osta declined, jade unresponsive?)
GU: kierra, quantum dot? (brad, NTH, snow, const declined)

It'd be great if someone with more knowledge of current/former board members could finish/double check the above list. If this is all we have, then we have two choices: having either the hosters (brad, allejo, and BC) or this subforum vote on making kierra and quantum dot the GU+Duc reps.

Frank's original proposal that garnered much support had the hosters choose, and I don't mind so long as we get this done efficiently and expediently. If they vote yes, then we can move on to officially selecting the players' choice spot. If they vote no, then perhaps we should take a step back and reevaluate how we want to choose the new board.

All in favor of moving on to the hosters casting their votes? All opposed?
-hj
sn0w_m0nkey
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by sn0w_m0nkey »

hrj wrote:All in favor of moving on to the hosters casting their votes? All opposed?
i'm in favor
oi!
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

I'm in favor of moving forward
I don't think we should eliminate allejo & BulletCatcher as potential ruling board members.
I have been impressed with allejo’s initiative to bring things to this forum in the manner that he has, quenching the fiery discussions in gu admin forum. :)
I can see allejo being a great asset on the ruling board. BC is another gu admin with maturity, a level head and a calm demeanor with years of experience.
Regarding former board members....there are several for gu: ducatiwannabe was seen recently playing, T-roy, orbit (wasn't really interested in participating here, resigned from both duc/gu admin board ~2yr ago and is inactive.) There are others but iirc, not active in gu league at all.
kierra wrote:I am not adverse to serving to see the merger through and the new league launched......but only as a temporary measure of maybe 2-3 months max.
As long as I am capable, I shall remain available should you need my help/advice/historical perspective, etc etc etc.
I cannot commit to the Ruling Board long term....I am more willing to see the merger through and the new league firmly established if called upon. It's time for new blood in the Ruling structure.

Before the rumors start....I"m not quitting bzflag playing. I do hope to host public servers with allejo's help.
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
Frank The Tank
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Frank The Tank »

Agree with hrj, everyone seems to like the idea of a duc/GU board members being represented along with a player choice.
We have a clear player nomination in hrj
So would the ducati/ GU board's please forward their nomination from their respective ruling board's.
Seems obvious the two are kierra and quantum, kierra is willing, is quantum?
Then we ask the hosters to accept the 3 nominations, create the new ruling admin group, dissolve the old boards.

kierra we understand you want an exit strategy, this can be dealt with as we all make progress, bear in mind the new board gets to select another two new members and then the direction how the board wishes to operate. Harmony.

I'm sure allejo and BC will be in the mix somewhere along the way be it in development/website/, but the selection at present calls for just 3 members then another two to be added.

Would be nice to keep the board player based avoiding conflict of interest between hosters, in saying that though kierra ever thought of asking allejo to be your successor then offering his nomination to the board later on? Seems these discussions are premature and can be dealt with later on.
As stated above, I'm sure we are all eager to move this along so may we please have the duc/gu nominations finalised.
hj
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by hj »

kierra wrote: I don't think we should eliminate allejo & BulletCatcher as potential ruling board members.

Regarding former board members....there are several for gu: ducatiwannabe was seen recently playing, T-roy, orbit (wasn't really interested in participating here, resigned from both duc/gu admin board ~2yr ago and is inactive.) There are others but iirc, not active in gu league at all.
Let's keep in mind BC and allejo are both great candidates for the additional two spots on the new proposed board to be filled by the initial three members. However, the initial 3 would be made of adequate representatives for GU and ducati, as well as a player's nomination. I'm all for allejo being on the new board, but I don't think he fits the bill as one of the two who should represent either league.

kierra wrote: I cannot commit to the Ruling Board long term....I am more willing to see the merger through and the new league firmly established if called upon. It's time for new blood in the Ruling structure.
It seems that you're more willing to serve in a more advisory role - am I reading that right? It seems like you don't necessarily want the post, but if we(/the hosters) can't find two reps, then you'll take up the mantle as one of them in a 'lame duck' term.

So the updated list, based on kierra's comments, would include:
GU - quantom dot, Bullet Catcher, ducatiwannabe, T-roy, (kierra if needed)
Duc - quantum dot, (kierra if needed)

And again, I don't want it to seem like I'm pushing this as the only way to go about doing things. I'm simply trying to move the discussion along. My post reflects my thoughts and is an opinion of what we should do next.
-hj
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

Speaking to qd the other day in fb chat as ducati representative:
quantum dot wrote:I can help as ruling Admin if needed and others ask me so.
I am willing to serve as gu rep....but know that it is not a long term post for me. We can decide on an exit strategy once new league is launched and stable.

I know that T-roy resigned from gu @ duties because of real life demands on his time. DW is just now back a couple days after long hiatus...seems that is his pattern....play a bit and then gone.
hj
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by hj »

In that case, we have:

GU - Bullet Catcher, kierra
Duc - quantum dot

Because BC is also a hoster, I think it's fair to have allejo and brad as the hosters that vote for the GU rep. All 3 hosters would vote yes/no to quantum dot. I know this process seems like a pain, but I feel it's the right way to get it done.
-hj
Frank The Tank
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Frank The Tank »

Colour me confused with your chatter, back to basics then

Step 1
select 3
GU Board rep - kierra
Duc rep- quantum dot ( yet to confirm nomination, please post here to confirm qd)
Players Choice- hrj

Step 2
hosters accept above nominations
dissolve duc/gu boards, create new board group

Step 3
3 new board members select 2 remaining spots,
board members to PRIVATELY discuss, shortlist, interview, whatever it takes to UNANIMOUSLY agree their selection for the last 2 spots.
criteria, preferably new blood, new faces.
timeline, 3 board members to announce a time to complete the selection.

Step 4
new board by majority vote,
to agree and outline the role of new board, as a starting point; a board charter, tasking, adopting any new management structure, how best to involve player discussion and player involvement in the processes going forward.
board to nominate timeline to complete

keep it simple, good luck
hj
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by hj »

Ah, gotcha. I may have integrated steps 1 and 2 into one big step, but that made it slightly more convoluted.
-hj
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

I'm in favor of kierra being the GU rep and qd for Duc, should he accept
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

No confusion here.
hrj wrote:In that case, we have:

GU - Bullet Catcher, kierra
Duc - quantum dot

Because BC is also a hoster, I think it's fair to have allejo and brad as the hosters that vote for the GU rep. All 3 hosters would vote yes/no to quantum dot. I know this process seems like a pain, but I feel it's the right way to get it done.
New league hasn't launched. Ruling admins, once chosen, can begin the process of planning guidelines, management structure, etc....that will take time.
Dissolving the boards is premature.
The gu admin board is necessary to keep things moving till we have an actual site, a ruling board and plan of action from the New League board.

edit: oops, posted before reading allejo's post
quantum dot
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by quantum dot »

I have always been quite involved with GU, actually I was here when menotume, dax and me built this thing, I was also a member of Ducati Council for many years, but perhaps to be a member of the new league board as ducati representative is a bit of an excess. I am sure most players identify me more with GU than ducati governance. It is obvious to me that Kierra is the last standing ducati council member around here. It might be just a matter of terminology but I would feel more comfortable as GU representative and Kierra as ducati's.

In any case, I am fine with the slot in the new league board if that is what it is decided.
Don't let school interfere with your education.
Mark Twain
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

Roses by any other name....still Roses.
Truth be told, qd and I are peas in 2 pods.....label as you will, we answer to both :)
Frank The Tank
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Frank The Tank »

Okay, I'll ask the obvious, BC, brad as the two remaining hosters, would you both please provide us with your respective confirmation or otherwise to enable us to move to the next phase.
Many thanks.
Bullet Catcher
Captain
Captain

Post by Bullet Catcher »

I support hrj, kierra, and quantum dot as the initial set of admins for the new league, with the expectation that they will choose two more peers.
MlG
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by MlG »

I like the idea of admins consisting of GU-admin/DUC-admin/New admin.
I agree with qd, kierra, and, hrj as admins.

At this point of time i dont think we need too many admins but we should have a quota for the future.
Active players/admin ratio or a games played/admin ratio of some kind to make sure we always have a decent ammount of admins available for players to turn to. (Also for the other kinds of admins)

Also i think a seperate group for hosters is useful to give them a platform to exchange ideas. Of course this group needs to stay in close contact with the admin board. This can maybe help pushing innovations in servers/plugins, an expert group for hosting so to say...