Discussion for Leagues United players
Gollum
Private First Class
Private First Class

Enough

Post by Gollum »

Okay,

Emptied, opinion voiced.
Last edited by Gollum on Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
macsforme
General
General

Re: Enough

Post by macsforme »

The merger was never expected to fix everything in this game. However, comprehending and getting involved in league play (which is where the serious competition is) needs to be easier for new players. A more streamlined and user-friendly system for league competition is one small improvement that can help improve the overall state of this game. Other things should be done to improve the game in general and to recruit new players, but this effort can help retain our current player base as well as some of the new players we hope to recruit.

Your idea for one person in charge of one league is appealing for simplicity's sake, but considering the significant magnitude of work involved, and the administrative nature of it (not much fun for many people), I'm not sure you will find someone who is both qualified and willing.
Gollum
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Enough

Post by Gollum »

As a old player, I came in and everyone has something to say about someone else. I just figured I'd voice what people are quietly bickering about.

Constitution - I chatted with Kierra for quite a bit since posting this. I like the idea, and what it could do for bzflag as far as new players, and such. I am willing to recruit, and to be an active player for the love of the game, and the leagues.

I know not one sole person could take it on, and it isnt fun. Who likes the admin, lol. Unless its Brad, everyone seems to love him. But the old council's are dead, the old admins gone. There needs to be in place, a group of people who arent biased for one league or the other, esp. when we are talking merger. Or atleast people who can discuss without getting their tempers up. We have apoc. as much as I dislike that map, there are some good players there, and recruiting wouldnt be difficult.
It is just sad that it is the most active server, because its full of not friendly people. :/ I would quit bz if thats how I was greeted.

If we can get back the mentality of "It's just a game" and enjoy it, enjoy those we play with, and not get caught up in... whatever. I think moving forward will be much easier. But "A house divided against itself, will not stand."