International Series Tournament

Discussions about the various leagues
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

hehe, yeah Carnage!! you tell em those dang stinky caniduhians!! lol j/k
Carnage, i will discuss this with ski, i think a North American Team would not be a bad idea :)

BTW: what happened with Canada? why you no want to be with them anymore?
Burned Account -CNG-
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Burned Account -CNG- »

well you all might have seen tc has wanted to quit, told me he wont play next year and wont tell me why.
i then have only quol and we only play tougher on saturday and whats the chances of being in the finals.
so im(canada) going to win ist BTW for whoever is in the finals with canada gl. its going to be your hardest match in bzflag because after our 8-0 defeat you guys have piss off canadians and if I rember correctually last time I was the mad canada beat usa 18 to nothing and you also RUINED my winning steak in the ist.
Do not enable this account with out admin aproval
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

hehehe...... that 18-0 match...lol was i there for that btw?? lol didn't think so :D Canaduh prepare to be defeated.... lol you know what is funny? we have not even played our first finals match yet.... USA vs Italy & Canada vs Poland....lol, but i am sure it will be down to USA vs Canaduh which is a match btw that noone should miss!! Come get some Canaduh!!
Burned Account -CNG-
Private First Class
Private First Class

buddy. you know what the funny part is you americans are going to have to play around noon on saturday and BB i never see you around this time so easy defeat.
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

need i say more??
Rebel Chik0rita
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Rebel Chik0rita »

the I.S.T. League will be undergoing some major changes soon , so stay tuned...

;)
ski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ski »

8)
Rest In Peace Vivek
1986-2005 :(

------------------------------
Member of DUB

Visit: Image
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

Remember the Alamo!!!!!!!
Noodleroni
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Noodleroni »

Everyone in the Alamo was killed, so don't try to emulate their tactics...
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

thats why we remember THE ALAMO!!!
ski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ski »

this sound like a plug for the movie.....
Rest In Peace Vivek
1986-2005 :(

------------------------------
Member of DUB

Visit: Image
SGI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SGI »

Noodleroni wrote:
Everyone in the Alamo was killed, so don't try to emulate their tactics...

thats why we remember THE ALAMO!!!

Are you sure???
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

no...that is just something i made up>>>

On February 23, 1836, the arrival of General Antonio López de Santa Anna's army outside San Antonio nearly caught them by surprise. Undaunted, the Texans and Tejanos prepared to defend the Alamo together. The defenders held out for 13 days against Santa Anna's army. William B. Travis, the commander of the Alamo sent forth couriers carrying pleas for help to communities in Texas. On the eighth day of the siege, a band of 32 volunteers from Gonzales arrived, bringing the number of defenders to nearly two hundred. Legend holds that with the possibility of additional help fading, Colonel Travis drew a line on the ground and asked any man willing to stay and fight to step over — all except one did. As the defenders saw it, the Alamo was the key to the defense of Texas, and they were ready to give their lives rather than surrender their position to General Santa Anna. Among the Alamo's garrison were Jim Bowie, renowned knife fighter, and David Crockett, famed frontiersman and former congressman from Tennessee.

The final assault came before daybreak on the morning of March 6, 1836, as columns of Mexican soldiers emerged from the predawn darkness and headed for the Alamo's walls. Cannon and small arms fire from inside the Alamo beat back several attacks. Regrouping, the Mexicans scaled the walls and rushed into the compound. Once inside, they turned captured cannon on the Long Barrack and church, blasting open the barricaded doors. The desperate struggle continued until the defenders were overwhelmed. By sunrise, the battle had ended and Santa Anna entered the Alamo compound to survey the scene of his victory.

While the facts surrounding the siege of the Alamo continue to be debated, there is no doubt about what the battle has come to symbolize. People worldwide continue to remember the Alamo as a heroic struggle against overwhelming odds — a place where men made the ultimate sacrifice for freedom. For this reason the Alamo remains hallowed ground and the Shrine of Texas Liberty.
Rebel Chik0rita
Private First Class
Private First Class

please visit the link below to view our changes proposed for the I.S.T. League:

http://ist.baat.dk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=423#423

p.s.- to whom it may concern ; please do not use our ideas . we would like to keep our league unique from any others . thank you =)
SGI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SGI »

Have you a copyright © or ® ...no, nothing uhmmmmm.
No any law protect you , ok I can copy your ideas how many times I want.
Like a l
Rebel Chik0rita
Private First Class
Private First Class

umm i didnt say that you couldn't copy the idea . or that there was a © or ® whatever . i was just asking to please not to because it would be making the leagues all the same and thats not fun IMHO . i think its a good idea to keep the leagues special in their own unique way .
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

ooooooo thats a good idea, i think i will use it!

thx for the advise!!
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

yay! i just got the copyright on this today.... neat huh?

j/k lol
Last edited by Death Barrel on Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rebel Chik0rita
Private First Class
Private First Class

IST news

ski has appointed me as the new Chief Admin. for the I.S.T. League =)

he will remain an administrator in charge of the website and forums .

my plans for the IST this year:

#1 - thank ski for doing a great job =)

#2 - IST will be renamed , "FFA League" . the league will switch to FFA and HTF play only . no more CTF . no more national teams .

#3 - the FFA tourney will start at the beginning of august an finish at the end of the year (FFA Finals).
more details later .

#4 - adopt the present IST-HTF ladder and run it until the end of the year (HTF Finals).

any thoughts or questions feel free to let me know..

thanks =)
Burned Account -CNG-
Private First Class
Private First Class

nooo!!!!!! no no! no!.... No! no and no again! did i mention No!??!

leave ist alone u bully! (jk but really dont change it)
ist is great i have alot more canadains players Why are u changing it?!!??!?!? huh!??!?!?

and ileague will have HTF and ffa and we were in consideration of putting ist in it.

o i c some competition...

this is just going to be stupid with some many leagues.
btw dont change ist

ps: i did say no didnt i?!?!?!?!?!?!??
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

hmmm this sounds like iLeague, just not quite as much :(

you know, i wanted to incorperate IST into the iLeague, but you guys turned it down so i left it alone, so instead you guys just take some of the iLeague ideas?? kinda messed up if you ask me, i did not take any of the IST's ideas, i left it alone cause that is what you guys wanted.. this is all starting to get really gay..... i guess what you are saying officially is that IST has failed?? so you decide to take ideas that are already in the works?? well whatever, you do what you want, no hard feelings, just think it is a bit messed up is all...

DB
Rebel Chik0rita
Private First Class
Private First Class

i'm sorry that you feel that way but as you know the IST was suffering from serious inactivity an IMHO needed some changes . even with mixed team matching , a possible continental team , and two american teams , it was not enough to boost activity . having national teams is still a good idea to me and maybe an Olympic style tourny will be done again in the near future .

however , i think the CTF league covers capture-the-flag playing well enough on its own , and competing with it will not help either league out.

an FYI the IST had been considering a FFA division wayyy before the iLeague was even conceived . i already have people who are waiting to join in and start playing , and SGI is going to be in charge of our referee group..
the FFA League will not hold any 1v1 , CTF , or bunnyhunt type tournaments of its own , as the iLeague will be doing...

i dont think it's important whose idea it was to start a FFA tournament . as im sure others have had that idea before either of us . what matters is how it is executed . and i'm pretty certain the FFA League will be run quite differently than your iLeague will be . unless you plan on using our ideas again .
the new FFA League will strictly be a FFA an HTF tournament league only .

as for if it'll work or not you cannot say . that remains to be seen . i saw these changes as a neccessity in order for the league to survive . i didnt expect you to agree with it but we have tried almost every idea and this to me seems the best route for us to go . i say give it a chance ...

good luck with your iLeague and nothing personal , BZfriends always =)
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

unless you plan on using our ideas again .
lol, haha!! and just what ideas would these be??

an FYI the IST had been considering a FFA division wayyy before the iLeague was even conceived .
oh really? it's funny how when i was an admin for IST i never heard anything of the sort..lol

whatever

DB
Rebel Chik0rita
Private First Class
Private First Class

you are more than welcome to view this thread:
http://ist.baat.dk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php ... light=#120

the FFA division was also discussed in the prior IST forum database from last year...the ones that were lost . i guess you were'nt paying attention or had no interests in it . thats what happens when you try to do or be too many things at one time you tend to miss out on the details ...

peace and BZhugz =)
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

lol, thats still funny and all when the date on that was after the fact that the iLeague was already arranged, which sorta proves my point ;)

and also, that discussion was nothing new, yes i remember it, and no that has nothing to do with what you decided to do. what was discussed there was adding an FFA "Tournament" to the IST (IST FFA) not FFA League or anything like this, so don't say i have too many things going on, you obvisouly can't get priorities straight and really don't care, you don't care if you affect others cause "that is the way it is, and if you don't like it.... tough" that is basically what you are saying about this so called "New FFA League". I never heard anything of the sort, you did not even run it buy anyone else. all that talk and mombo jumbo about how IST is so great and it is different and all that jive, but i guess that was all just a front cause you are going to just do away with it now, it isn't even IST anymore, it is something totally different, and has nothing to do with the IST.

lol, funny stuff ;)

DB