Consolidation of players, and teams.

Discussion for Leagues United players
Gollum
Private First Class
Private First Class

Consolidation of players, and teams.

Post by Gollum »

With the league smaller then it used to be, I feel the need for change. And maybe it means a loss of sentiment and status for some.

We aren't who we used to be, and it's a new league basically. So here are my thoughts.

Remove some teams that are just not active, or seem that they ever will be.
That is one option, along with that? Players who are active, but in a inactive team. We need to start moving away from that. A league will not survive on FMs, I can do a GM as a regular apoc player. Don't even need to be in a league.

Thoughts?

I just know that every "group" dies. Players leave. A game gets old. The competition is what keeps players. And keeps it fun. So we need to get the competition back.

Feedback?
macsforme
General
General

Re: Consolidation of players, and teams.

Post by macsforme »

We could go back to the team deletion after a certain number of days without any member logins, like GU had. However, one player who signs in will still be able to keep the team alive.

I'm not sure how many players in that situation actually want to move to an active team, though. It seems to me that if they want to offi, they would get on a team where they can do so.
Gollum
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Gollum »

I like the removal of teams idea. And maybe they would be willing to move? It would be for the betterment of BZ :D
Shuist
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Shuist »

I personally think this won't be such a bad thing either. This might create more incentive to join existing active teams for some. I think at the moment we need more players in less teams. Hopefully a little bit even as well.
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

Perhaps allejo or alezakos could weigh in on the possibility of automated deactivation of user accounts and teams in BZION like we had in GU and ducati?
hj
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by hj »

automated deactivation of user accounts
Could have the opposite effect and make people less active. People who played months/years ago would be less likely to play because of the higher barrier to entry.
-hj
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

Constitution wrote:Perhaps allejo or alezakos could weigh in on the possibility of automated deactivation of user accounts and teams in BZION like we had in GU and ducati?
We want to avoid having the additional setup for a cron job to keep things "maintained" and we don't want to check "is maintenance required" every time a page loads. So the approach we'll be taking is displaying only active players on the player list by default (similar to the teams page where active teams are displayed at the top). There will be an option to see all players similar to how the Matches page works by filtering FMs and officials.

You can follow the progress on this feature here: issue #64