=P

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
Rebel Chik0rita
Private First Class
Private First Class

=P

Post by Rebel Chik0rita »

is this a bug or not im not sure...?

i admin on a server that has the team killing penalty enabled(if you kill a teammate , you automatically blow up too) , and i noticed something that doesn't seem right .

i was playing on a CTF server and the enemy team had carried our flag close to their base but i was able to stop them from capturing our flag . i then picked up our flag an carried it all the way back to our base . but before i could drop my team flag back at our home base i accidently shot a teammate while i was trying to kill an enemy tank that had spawned nearby us . when that happened , our team flag automatically "flew" back to the point where i had first picked it up , which to my dismay was near the enemy base . the enemy easily captured our flag .
it seems to me that this is some kind of double jeopardy . i can understand the point behind the auto teamkill penalty feature , but why make the entire team suffer over an accidental TK? i would think it proper that if i TK'ed someone while carrying a team flag ...whether ours or the enemy's.. i would be destroyed , an our team flag would simply drop where i died .
yes/no?

also , as an admin i've had to ban a number of people for abusing the auto-pilot feature . spammers have found it very easy to press the "9" key(auto-pilot button) repeatedly and thereby flood everybody with auto-pilot messages from the server . is there a way ..in future releases... to limit this problem? possibly have a small indicator next to callsigns on the scoreboard that will let people know who has auto-pilot on instead of server messages . it will be less annoying , and also help server hosts an admins to enforce any No-auto pilot/bot tanks rules that they may have placed on their servers , because we are not always there to catch the auto-pilot server message and its not easy telling who is on auto-pilot or not .

one final gripe ;)
i play with keyboard controls and i kind of miss the way the respawn key was automatically binded to whatever the lock-on/identify key is set to , as it was in previous BZflag versions . its more convenient than having to look for the "i" key everytime you need to spawn again .

okay thats all =)
thanks for reading my ranting , heehe
Grumbler
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Grumbler »

....yes, there should be a server switch to disallow auto-pilot

....i believe you can change the key binding easily, see one of the devs

....havent seen that tk-flag fly thingy, but it is a bit drastic
.........you kids, get out of my tank...........
sid6.7
Private First Class
Private First Class

flag movement

Post by sid6.7 »

i dont remeber exactly how it works but it only should have gone back to the middle of the map for the worst case
sceanrio...when you died..
Rebel Chik0rita
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Rebel Chik0rita »

(on servers with jumping tanks)the team flag goes to the middle of the map whenever the flag lands over an inaccessible spot , such as a pyramid , or when you drop your own team flag over an enemy's base ....

but the flag quirk does happen everytime when you TK while holding the team flag , and sends it back to the spot where you first picked up the flag...
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

I agree that the TK'ing thing is a bug, I know that whenever you drop another team's flag (red) on another team's base (green) when you are blue, the red flag will warp back to the red base. I've seen that. Your case seems to be this rule all twisted up.