T-roy

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

T-roy

Post by kierra »

It is with great sadness that I share that T-roy passed away after a long, courageous battle with cancer. He was a great guy, optimistic to the very end.

http://www.millermartinfh.com/notices/Troy-Krezinski
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"
"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond ypu."
etigah
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: T-roy

Post by etigah »

I'm very sorry to hear this. T-roy was the nicest person I ever had the pleasure to know among all bzflag players. My condolences to his family.
Daddo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Daddo »

I sure hope nobody else I know is leaving this world in 2016. There have been far too many 'departures'

I had the pleasure of playing with T-roy for many years. Even though we never met, you could tell what a great person he was. The pass-master will be missed.
goatmilker
Private
Private

Post by goatmilker »

That's terrible to hear. I never knew him either, but playing with and against him was a great experience. My prayers go out to his family.
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

Hello guys/gals,

Feel free to pass this on to other registered players, help get the word out and have T-roy looking down on us having fun in his name!
As many of you know, T-roy lost his battle with cancer this past November. He was great guy who loved this game. Often in chats with him while he was in the hospital, he never failed to ask about bzflag and about many of you players, even to the very end. Many of you knew him from Urban Jungle, Apocalypse, Missile Wars, the ducati/gu leagues and more recently when he was well enough to be on bz - from LeaguesUnited and Pie servers.

Join the event honoring his memory!

***T-roy's Memorial Event: Celebrating the bzlife of T-roy!***
When: Sunday, February 26
Time: 3pm est, 20 UTC, 21 CET
Where: bzflag.allejo.io:5173 to be set up soon
Details: 3 - 20 min fun matches on 3 different maps that Troy loved.
Maps: Missile Wars 2, Ducati, Hix
Participants: All registered players
Sponsored by LU
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

Troy Memorial event server is set up at bzflag.allejo.io:5173

It has 3 maps loaded: Missile Wars 2.3, ducati and hix.
Test it out for discrepancies and pm me here on forums or leave a pm on IRC.
Already making changes to MW2 for bad flags to auto drop after 4 sec. and the tk/sk which is missing. So please don't send messages about those 2.

T-roy was well liked by all. Served as admin in Ducati League, GU admin in GU league and then as cop in GU as life brought changes. He played on many, many maps: Apocalypse, Urban Jungle, LU league servers, Pie servers and from what I hear was a force to be reckoned with on Missile Wars 2.3 ( I'm quoting War Pig re: MW2 map).

Hope to see you all there as we take this opportunity as a community to honor the memory of T-roy.
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

To the BZFlag community:

Many thanks to all the players who participated in the T-roy Memorial Event to pay honor to the memory of a player well-liked and active(until his illness made it difficult) in the bz community.
Your attendance demonstrated the high degree of respect and fondness that T-roy had in the community and you conveyed to all that there is indeed a wonderful BZFlag community and that we can come together in unity to celebrate a player's BZflag life!

I do thank each of you for the investment of your time. It was indeed a blast and everyone said so! I've no doubt that T-roy was smiling at the show of love/respect shown by all of you there!

Many thanks to allejo for the generous use of his servers and his time in setting it up! And for several players who helped with this idea and in testing the server: NTH, Indy, gorgomol, chickenfarmer, Bertman, Shuist, Bullet Catcher and more.

With 9-13 players in observer:
http://i.imgsafe.org/38794b4957.jpg Missile Wars 19 vs 19

http://i.imgsafe.org/388c0cb22f.png Ducati 20 vs 20

http://i.imgsafe.org/388373fb0e.png Hix 20 vs 20
indy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by indy »

Awesome man, awesome turnout!
Super bummed I could not make it, but happy to see it was full of great people.
Keep shooting out there.
-Indy
osta
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by osta »

I'm sorry I couldn't make it, but it's nice to see that so many people wanted to show their respect to T-roy by playing there. My thoughts were with him too.
He has so many friends on so many servers that they couldn't even fit on the field :)

Would be nice, if we could see such many active players not only by such sad occasions :(

o.