Unable to play

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
Reena
Private
Private

Unable to play

Post by Reena »

Sorry for the inconvenince, I'm a new player and registered but I'm unable to play the game. What can I do?

Thank you :-)
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Unable to play

Post by Zehra »

Hi Reena,

Welcome to BZFlag.

I'm sure you've read the Getting Started page.

When starting the 'BZFlag' program, you should see a menu with the options listed below:

Join Game
Options
Save Settings
Help
Quit

Use the 'Enter' key on your keyboard to select this option.
You should now see another menu with the options listed below:

Find Server
Connect
Callsign:
Password:
Team:
Server:
Port:
Motto:
Start Server

The username you have in forums will be the name you'll enter in the 'Callsign' field.
The password you have created on forums will be the same password you enter in the 'Password' field.
(You'll have to use the arrow keys to move to the correct field.)
Move to the 'Team' field now and use the arrow keys to select automatic, observer or a team which is available.

Move up to the 'Find Server' area and press the 'Enter' key.
You should now see in your window something which looks like a list.
Use the arrow keys to select a server you wish to join.
Press the 'Enter' key and it should bring you back to the previous menu.
Now move to the 'Connect' field and you should be able to join the server.

If you're unable to play for whatever reason, it might be due to the reasons listed below.
1. You're joined as observer. (Observers can watch, but cannot play while in this mode.)
2. You've joined the wrong team. (The server will generally kick you if you join the wrong team.)
3. You're blocked from the server. (This is rare, but sometimes abuse might come from the same host and is probably meant to block someone else.)
4. The server is offline. (Yes, it happens sometimes, but it is also very rare.)
5. The server is set-up to only permit certain people to use it. (Some server owners will set-up the servers to only allow people from a certain global group to use it.)

By the way, if while you're searching for a server, and you notice something in red which says something like "notification" or "notoken",
it is a notice which is given.
If it's a notification, it means someone has sent you a private message through the forums.
If it's a "notoken" or similar, it means you're callsign or password might be incorrect or could be when authentication is being maintained.
Try re-entering your password and callsign and be sure to see that they match the ones used in forum.
If this does not solve it, try to join a bit later and it should work.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
Reena
Private
Private

Post by Reena »

Zhera, thank you very much for all the information:

I've done everything you have told me but the server stills kick me from the game for no reason, there are some messages that appear when I connect:

0- Global Login approved

1- banned host because of Gauss

2- toxic behaviour from your ISP

But I did nothing, I haven't play a single match in this game, perhaps should I contact some administrator?
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Someone else from your ISP caused problems and resulted in your entire ISP being banned. You can contact the owner of the server and ask them to whitelist your account. You can use Strayer's BZStats site to see the owner of a server. Just click on the server in question and it will show the name of the owner, who you can then private message here.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

Reena,
Please read the forum private message I sent
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"
"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond ypu."
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

Reena, glad to be of service.

By the way, here's a list of hosts and who to contact to be whitelisted/asked for help. (Blue is host and green is player/owner.)
Hope this is helpful.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread