flag and bullet bugs

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
julesthejackal
Private First Class
Private First Class

flag and bullet bugs

Post by julesthejackal »

Hi again everyone :D

On my "CRACKED" server, Im using a modified "Two Fortress" with bases added into it. I find that the team flags once in a while get stuck in a building and also there seems to be a bullet "FROZEN" on the screen till someone runs into with there tank and blows ups.

Have any of you also seen this at other servers? :?

FYI this cracked server has some settings on it changed via using the "/set" command in Admin mode.

Jules
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

I haven't tested this, but it might happen when someone drops a flag over the opposing teams base. I seem to recall that kind of thing happening on the HiX map. The HiX map, however, doesn't have a building that overlaps the center of the world.

The frozen bullet occurs when someone has a SW and has lag. The server tells them to drop it, but they get the message after they shoot again. The server then detects that they shot a flag they don't have, and sets the type of flag to Null (a regular bullet). It doesn't adjust the speed of the bullet, so it sits there until they fire again with that same shot ID, or until someone hits it. I think they fixed this, at least in CVS.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

julesthejackal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by julesthejackal »

THX for the quick reply blast :D

I thought maybe I was the cause !!!!!!!!

LOL

Jules