Re: Does BZFlag ever get boring?

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )
Super Android 13
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Super Android 13 »

BZFlag is a great game to play. Cooperative teamwork, lots of mayhem, and SO MUCH DEATH!

Now, I understand that BZFlag may get boring after a while, but that is why some of our admins and operators work to occasionally update the maps. That way, the same map is similar, but with new twists and rules, so that it's a lot less boring than the normal thing. I have seen this firsthand, by the work of Optic Delusion of Planet-Mofo, Allejo for Urban Jungle, and the creator of the "Quickshot - Fast Bullets" map. These new introductions to old maps add a layer of freshness to keep the fun in it for a long time, so that people will be able to enjoy it for many years to come! Keep up the good work, and battle on!

- Buzzy Beetle.
I play lots of games, though this older game is still one of my favorites. Whenever I am not busy with work, you may find me occasionally on the Apocalypse, Urban Jungle, or Quickshot servers.

Formerly Buzzy_Beetle, MORTIS, Android 16

alfa1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by alfa1 »

Yes, BZ is a great game! Maps which are fun are, also, classic ones and randomly generated ones. But we always have to remember that what helps to enjoy the game, apart of the technical and artistic stuff, is the good ambience.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

BZFlag is a game like all games, but the good part is the amount of options provided for it.
For me, it is the community which prevents BZFlag from getting boring.

Sure, there is not as much excitement as before, but it basically depends on the community.
If map makers stop making maps, if server owners stop hosting, if developers stop developing, if plug-in authors no longer write plug-ins, if players stop playing, if people stop visiting the forums.. etc.. then the game loses its enjoyment for me...

Although I'm not as active as I once was, I still enjoy playing this game.
I have a few ideas for enhancing the game, but will have to wait until I complete them. :D

I guess it all depends on what happens in the future, but for now things seem alright, but they could be better.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread