Mofo Plug's

Questions, comments, and news on the server side plug-ins and it's API
Jacko H
Private First Class
Private First Class

Mofo Plug's

Post by Jacko H »

Just wondering is there a place where you can access plugins used on mofo?
have they been released? using /listplugins i see there is 24 there, but can only really find grenade.
Any help would be great, cheers
Jacko Productions:
World War III, Kill Or Die, Nazarath, Warlock Adrenaline, Rabbit Season, Firing Range (Just Be Simple), Death Island.
blast
General
General

Re: Mofo Plug's

Post by blast »

Pretty sure that most of them have not been released.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Super Android 13
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Super Android 13 »

There WAS a Reverse-Geno plugin earlier in January and last year, but Optic removed it recently, as it was pure luck when someone got the kill, so it's no longer there. I don't know if the plugin still exists. You'll have to ask Optic Delusion.
I play lots of games, though this older game is still one of my favorites. Whenever I am not busy with work, you may find me occasionally on the Apocalypse, Urban Jungle, or Quickshot servers.

Formerly Buzzy_Beetle, MORTIS, Android 16

Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

Although not all of them have been released, there is some of them which have been released.

The ones which have been released in one way or another will be linked here:

Ones included in BZFlag install:
  • ServerControl
  • SuperUser
  • LogInfo
  • AutoFlagReset
(Probably another plug-in handles the "rampage" messages, but PlayHistoryTracker adds some messages, so it might be worth looking into.)
This should contain a large amount of the plug-ins MoFo uses.
Overall, some of the ones which are not published, I assume are either modifications to existing plug-ins or a simple custom one.
If you want more of the extra shot flags, here is a link to the CustomFlags and SnakeShots plug-ins.

Some final notes, generally using two or more plug-ins who fire world weapons can create an issue.
Some people have modified and merged plug-ins to avoid this issue.
(This is why "grenades and airstrikes" plug-in exists in Mofo vs "grenade" and "airstrike" plug-ins.)

Edit: Here's a link to the ReverseGeno plug-in: ReverseGeno.

If there is any added/additional info needed, feel free to reply to this topic or to private message me.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

All of the flags that shoot extra shots on MoFo are closed source and will likely remain as such. I may maintain them now but didn't write them so I wouldn't have permission to release them even if I wanted to.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

Reverse Geno only makes sense if you also have the Apocalypse plugin, which will not be released.
Parts of the Apocalypse plugin have been released, like CaptureBonus.

PlayerDB was hackalicious. It used to crash once a week, but blast improved it by modding bzfs itself (I think). Thanks Blast.
Blast deserves a ton of thanks for the work he does every day.

We're currently using SpawnFacingCenter modded so you instead spawn facing the other team's flag.

ShotLimitZone was my idea, but coded by Allejo, and is extremely powerful. It doesn't have to be a pinpoint zone.
I really like having some flags unlimited, but others of the same type that ARE limited.

AdminListener only works if the admin is in observer mode. It would be evil otherwise.
We have several evil plugins, but I only get them out for special occasions. Usually April Fools Day.

Not sure if the bug in UselessRampage was ever fixed.

RestoreOnRejoin is the proper name of that one.

The extra-shot flags... I'd give them to you if I could. Let me see if.....
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

PlayerDB worked fine on my server. I seem to recall the issue was that you guys were accidentally loading the plugin twice. :)
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

There was a post on some plug-ins conflicting with each other, so this could be the case.
Pac-Man wrote: Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:40 pm It is a known bug that occurs when Airstrike is mixed with other plugins. There is a conflict because Killer Rabbit of Cearbannog specifically also uses SW, but I believe it also conflicts with Death Blossom and Triple Barrel if processed in the wrong order. Triple Barrel and Death Blossom also conflict.

The easiest fix is to combine the custom flag plugins into one plugin. The more scalable fix is to write versions of each plugin that communicate via a protocol - JeffM added something to make inter-plugin communication possible when I brought up this issue some time ago. I decided against correcting the issue because:
  • I didn't want to be "that guy" who rewrites/maintains everyone else's custom flag plugin.
  • I was told those other plugins wouldn't be present anyway so I supported Airstrike for such a case, which I was already reluctant to do because I couldn't use my own API.
  • Otherwise requires an up-to-date server.
Link to original topic: Airstrike plug-in question/problem

-Zehra

Edit: p.s. post was mostly as a general note that plug-ins (firing world weapons) might conflict with each other. (Link provides an example case of it happening.)
Last edited by Zehra on Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Dunno if you were responding to optic or me. If you were responding to me, it wasn't a case of two plugins conflicting. The PlayerDB plugin was being loaded twice.

Super Android 13
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Super Android 13 »

And speaking of the shot-limit plugin Zehra was explaining about earlier, Optic said the following:
ShotLimitZone was my idea, but coded by Allejo, and is extremely powerful. It doesn't have to be a pinpoint zone.
I really like having some flags unlimited, but others of the same type that ARE limited.
However, you don't need that plugin on all maps, but if you want to host one where some flags of a type aren't limited, and others in certain zones ARE limited, then you should use the plugin. However, if you want all flags of a specific type to have a shot limit, then the plugin isn't needed, because you just need to input the command to put a shot limit on all flags on the map. The command to do so is -sl (flag abbr.) (#) . It's really quite simple. However, I leave the more complex coding to you guys, as you have much more experience in the field than I do.
I play lots of games, though this older game is still one of my favorites. Whenever I am not busy with work, you may find me occasionally on the Apocalypse, Urban Jungle, or Quickshot servers.

Formerly Buzzy_Beetle, MORTIS, Android 16