Life on the outside

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )
Winnie
Private First Class
Private First Class

Life on the outside

Post by Winnie »

This may be of no interest, or of much interest... so hey who cares!
Lately I've been a thinking, and my thinking this time didn't get me in trouble! :P

I am all grown up now, from when I first started bzflag. My first time was back in '99, and man time has flown. :!:
How did I get here? Well, I was playing another game with my cousin one christmas and he was like "Hey, try this game".
It darn tooting got me hooked. From there I met many lovely folks: SportChick and HighKarateKitty - who taught me GM and L flags and the secrets to the map "Secretplace". From there onto Ducati and learning dodging, onto HIX and avoiding any matches I could by being "afk".

But what I want to focus on is the "other" game.
Maybe some of the reason we dont have a massive flux of new people (I WILL NOT GO INTO THAT DEBATE! :doh: ) is because we aren't pulling from other games. Do you have friends that you play a game that you dont so much enjoy, but you play cause they do? Well, maybe theyd do the same for you, then find they enjoy this one. Even if it is straight out of the 90's!
Maybe BZ players find some common games they play (fortnite, etc.) and get together on them. Find friends when doing that, and then share the game. Word of mouth can be a powerful thing. And honestly, probably our best way to market.

This is NOT intended to be a debate, nor do I want it to be a "WHY IS BZ DYING" thread. If you start... well just dont! :evil:
This is fully intended to be about bz players finding common interest elsewhere, then sharing a common interest with others.

Maybe you all do this, maybe its a good thought starter.

Anyways, thats all I got.
- Gollum

p.s. I play fortnite(tho I suck at it), league of legends and diablo 3 mostly. :)
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
trpted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Life on the outside

Post by trpted »

Is this limited to only games that one likes to play?

If so, I also like to play OpenTTD.

If not, I like to help people solve their port forwarding and other networking problems/issues.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

It kind of limits what one has to say, originally, I was going to provide an in depth post.

Some games I've played are: Minetest, Bos Wars, FlightGear, SuperTuxKart.
Gollum wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:31 am Maybe BZ players find some common games they play (fortnite, etc.) and get together on them. Find friends when doing that, and then share the game. Word of mouth can be a powerful thing. And honestly, probably our best way to market.
Some help on this can be done with a bzflag Discord server.
(This Discord server isn't project related, for those who are wondering.)
Details can be worked out later, adjustments will be made when needed.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
Winnie
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Winnie »

It is open to any games! I was just giving games as what I like... So I dont just say "Hey lets do this" then dont give options myself. :)
I am always open to trying new games, many times it just takes a suggestion!

It is not exclusive to games, I just dont want this to be a debate topic. Too often these go south.
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

Many bzflag players can be found here on discord: https://discord.gg/4ZQfzCy

Come check it out. Several players on this discord also play together on fornite, overwatch, Raft, divinity, etc
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"
"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond ypu."
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

Your link is expired.

-Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

Works for me skippy.
ImageJeffM
Winnie
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Winnie »

JeffM wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:44 pm Works for me skippy.
Hehe... he called you skippy. :lol-old:
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

And I'm not Australian.... :book:
hehe, I guess it's funny when people always end up with the wrong assumptions. :lol-old:
Either way, the link is broken for me... I do wonder why. :wink:

-Zehra

Latest 101 thread
Winnie
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Winnie »

Zehra wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:14 am Either way, the link is broken for me... I do wonder why. :wink:
It legit isn't broken. I just used it.

But this is all getting very off topic...
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

My discord invite above has been removed. Any parties interested in an invite to BZflag discord where the majority of players congregate are welcome to pm Bertman or myself. Happy to oblige.
Cheers
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"
"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond ypu."