Life On Mars

User made maps to use on servers.
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Life On Mars

Post by Spazzy McGee »

They say they want to put the first man on mars by 2030. This is not the case, if fact man has already walked on mars. Deep in the mesas of Aureum Chaos, lies a secret military base - a failed experiment by the British and American governments.

Soon after experiments began, the base was abandoned. Communications ceased, and little is known about what went wrong, and of the fate of those who were working there. It is thought that they may have come into contact with some extra-terrestrial intelligent life.

Cliché stories aside, Three-way CTF, in a martian setting.

Currently being played at beyond.infinity.bz:4895

Download here.

Have fun, and please post or /report any ideas, questions and comments!

Image Image Image

This map is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 license.
A full legal copy of this can be found at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by- ... /legalcode
Last edited by Spazzy McGee on Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
LouMan
Chief Sgt. of Cartography
Chief Sgt. of Cartography

Post by LouMan »

Awesome map Spazzy; I would expect nothing less ;)

Very good modeling - I especially enjoy the domes, skylights and the creative use of drawInfo for the center platforms and jets supporting them.

Yay! :) :)
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

Its very nice, I played here earlier Very fun.
CUPCAKE
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CUPCAKE »

Very nice indeed.

This reminds me of "Life on Mars" by Jordan Rudess
Wreckage
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Wreckage »

Nice map! I played there recently, Strange, I jumped at a wall and went right through. I checked my lag and it was not bad -- maybe on my side. However, some one else was talking about how he found some place where he would get stuck on the wall and then could "squeeze" through or something.
Joe-Schmoe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Joe-Schmoe »

Wreckage

If you get sealed, you can sort of "bump out", I guess he just got out on the wrong side.

I really liked this map, but it was a bit too easy to kill people as they jumped out of their base. I found myself constantly driving from my base underground, jumping up, and getting killed before I can even get a shot off. After about 60 seconds of this, I signed off.

It seems not to occur all the time though, I joined the game later and had a blast.
Join MI6!
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

Yeah, when it first went up we had about 35 people storm the server. It was unplayable - the rico was unbearable. But when it cooled down and we had 4-5 a team, it was great.

I've split the one big server into two smaller servers, so it should stay more playable if lots of people want to play.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
Tedius
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Tedius »

Twice now I've played with some great teammates. We would wait to clear out the middle, then capture and hold it with Wings and Stealth flags. Only when we had control of the middle could we work on our strategy to capture the team flags.

It is not an easy map. If you're up for the challenge, and if you have one or two cooperative teammates, it is great fun.

Thank you Spazzy for bringing this to us. The drawinfoed, physicsed, texmated middle blows my mind every time I see it.
this signature intentionally left blank
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

The map file has now been released officially.

I didn't forget, honest! ;)

http://mybzflag.net/?p=314
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Re: Life On Mars

Post by optic delusion »

Could Anybody Please Repost a copy of this map? It would certainly make me happy.
I think the filename has underscores or something, so if you search for "life on mars" you won't find it. Try searching file contents for this image string "http://images.bzflag.org/gbratley/electric-arc1.png"
Thanks in Advance.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.