New league concept: Innovative game play

Discussions about the various leagues
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

New league concept: Innovative game play

Post by Zehra »

Currently there exists two leagues, one relating to rankings based on personal kill to death ratio on FFA maps without super flags, the other is based on teams playing on CTF maps without super flags. (Player ELO is factored to some extent within the CTF league.)

Public servers offer the option of where anyone can join, but also face the issue of where most players will not learn or even pay much attention to any new game mode. (It's also why most new game modes wind up confusing players and very few actually play for the game play objectives.)

So, what if we took a different approach, a spawn group and scheduled game sessions with new game modes. Humans vs Zombies, Control Points, King of the Hill, Keep Away, Hold the Flag..etc are the choices of game play in this league and unlike others, each is individually weighted in terms of scoring, so in the long run, it's possible to balance teams accurately too.

Super flags are nice, hence they also would be included in this league too, but at the same time, even more statistics can be provided too. (K/D ratios, best skills/flags...etc)

In the long run, it's more of building a form of a league which doesn't focus that strictly on team rankings or personal rankings, but it falls within its own niche of CTF, FFA, Rabbit Hunt and super flags, but also custom game modes.

Thoughts?

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread