LeaguesUnited Season 4!

Discussions about the various leagues
lep
Private First Class
Private First Class

LeaguesUnited Season 4!

Post by lep »

Hey everyone!

Season 3 is a WRAP and was a good ease back into some more competitive matches! Team GEP finishes Season 3 as the winners by only 1 point! Matches were played on HiX, Duc, PTF, and Unknown. The following will also be shared on Discord in the #seasons-and-reporting channel.

BUT IT'S NOT OVER, we're going to turn right around and start off Season 4 in the next couple weeks to keep the competition flowing. Some notes from me about how things will work:
- Two new captains will be assigned to choose from the list of participants who signed up for Season 3. If you missed last season and want to participate, please PM me here or on Discord so I can add you.
- We will stick to a two-team format
- Captains will be given players' availability statistics during the draft so they are aware of how often who they are drafting are playing
- The point system will remain the same, it showed good balance this past season
- The removal of the requirement to play on every map once will also stay the same, play where you want!...but keep an eye on your points
- We will stick to a shorter season duration like we did for Season 3

Lastly, share your thoughts/questions here. The seasons aren't about what we want to do, it's about what YOU all want to do! Happy to hear feedback questions here or on Discord, publicly or privately. I may reach out to some of you to gather interest in being a captain.
lep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: LeaguesUnited Season 4!

Post by lep »

Thanks to Bertman & easy tank, our Season 4 teams have been chosen! Please see the spreadsheet below with the team rosters, scoreboard, and link to the rules document. Season 4 is set to begin at the beginning of the day Saturday, 3/18 and will end at the end of the day Sunday, 4/16. Season will follow UTC as usual.

Rosters & Scoreboard: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Overview/Rules: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vVv ... sp=sharing

We've got one week to get our practice matches in before we go about tankin' it up! See you on the battlefield!

lep
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

Man, somehow the month flew by and no season matches played and today's the last day.
The challenge seems to be that players don't know who their mates are.
I would recommend next time that players either print the team roster or copying it by hand (for those who don't have access to a printer) and keeping it by your pc/laptop.
Maybe a gap between seasons would better generate enthusiasm and participation.

Again, thank lep for putting this together for the players. Next time my team wins!!!! :D
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"
"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond ypu."
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

FiringSquad did propose a good idea for usage of a plug-in within the following thread: Plug-in to support LU Season

It might prove helpful if some sort of a secondary notification occurs, letting players know which players are part of which teams upon joining the server.

--

Recommending this thread be moved to Leagues United Discussion.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread